Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in my area yet ?

Options
  • 30-04-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I ordered an eircom broadband line back in Oct 2011, after having it installed it became apparent the line couldn't actually get any form of broadband, so I cancelled it. I think the issue was the line takes a long route from the exchange. The exchange was Quaker road in cork I think. Is there any chance this is changed ? I can PM on my details when I had an account. I would like to get a broadband line, but it would really need to be able to get at least 2 meg, and I think we would both like to spare the hassle of hooking it up again just to find it doesn't work !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

imitation wrote: »
    I ordered an eircom broadband line back in Oct 2011, after having it installed it became apparent the line couldn't actually get any form of broadband, so I cancelled it. I think the issue was the line takes a long route from the exchange. The exchange was Quaker road in cork I think. Is there any chance this is changed ? I can PM on my details when I had an account. I would like to get a broadband line, but it would really need to be able to get at least 2 meg, and I think we would both like to spare the hassle of hooking it up again just to find it doesn't work !

Hi  imitation,

Broadband service and speed can never be guaranteed. Any new installation broadband is a best effort basis.

If you want to DM your address and I check it in detail for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

Hi  imitation,
    Afaik , the Quaker rd exch along with many other Eircom exch area's in Cork city and county area are being upgraded to vdsl fibre - FttC at present , you might find that you're able to connect to it , check out your fellow boardies who are mapping and monitoring  the fibre roll out on the link's below , there just may be a vdsl cab near you , 10

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056919149&page=24  
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985&page=187

Advertisement