Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA Budget 2013

• 30-04-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of info on BTEA.

Last year I was receiving a reduced age-related jobseekers allowance of €100.
    I joined a one year PLC course in September and was boosted up to €188 on BTEA.
    The budget states that new participants who were receiving an age reduced jobseekers allowance will now only get €160 on BTEA.
    My course ends this month and I return to jobseekers.
    I'm hoping to get into third level education come September. So I'm sure I will have to re apply for BTEA.
    So will I be seen as an existing participant or a new participant?

I also remember seeing that BTEA is only paid for a maximum of two years. Can't seem to find where I read that though. Is this true. So I'f I get into Level 8 course I will receive BTEA for the first year and nothing for the remaining three years?

Thanks for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

The 2 years maximum relates to the VTOS allowance. BTEA will be paid for the duration of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭oorrccaa

Oh really?

The fact that I have been paid for one course already won't affect me being paid next year? As it is a different course.

Thanks btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Even though you apply for BTEA every July, I think it is the same claim. You deal with schemes in the welfare office, so maybe try asking them.

JSA is just the means tested amount.

You can get BTEA for a PLC and then 3 years of college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

oorrccaa wrote: »
    Oh really?

The fact that I have been paid for one course already won't affect me being paid next year? As it is a different course.

As long as you are progressing upwards through the FETAC/HETAC levels (e.g. from level 5 PLC to level 8 degree) it's payable

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭oorrccaa

Thats great news :D

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement