Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to do midwifery degree??

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I am new at this so please forgive me if I mess it up the first couple of times!:o
    I am a 25 year old woman and I finished an honours degree in social care last year, but I would really love to do midwifery. Do I have to start from scratch with another 4 year degree or can I do a shorter follow on course which would still help me qualify,if so how and where? If there is anyone out there who can help I would be so greatful...:)

Thank you in advance for your help,

Lara2013. x
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To qualify as a midwife usually you would need to start from scratch and do the full training. As regards exemptions it would be up to the colleges you apply for to decide on those. There's a handy booklet on the Nursing Careers Center website which I've attached.

If you are applying this year as a mature student you have missed the deadline but if you have the Leaving Cert points you might be able to apply as a late applicant. That option ends today at 5.15pm but you can apply online at http://www.cao.ie

Just one other thing, as you already have an honours degree you wont be eligible for free fees or the fee grant to cover the student contribution of €2,500. Essentially you would need to fund it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lara2013

Thank you so muchfor your help. :)

Advertisement