Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice/ MK9 tournament- 11th May Overclockers cafe, SSF4 UMVC MK9

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:38am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hi all,

Just to announce this, we'll be holding Irelands first Injustice tournament at the overclockers.ie internet/ gaming cafe on the 11th.

http://www.overclocker.ie/index.php/cafe

It's about 10 minutes out of the city via Luas.

Overclockers map

At the moment, we're planning to start at 2, and can run longer than most tournaments because we're not expected to move out for a peruvian mountain band at 5.30 or whatever!

We're running MK9 as well, if we can confirm more resources, we may also run UMvC3 and SSF4AE if we can.

More news soon.

<additional info>

Doors open 12 for casuals. 5E to get in, 3E per tournament just for a bit of pot.

Games will be injustice, MK9, SSF4 and UMvC3. I'm hoping to have casuals all day as long, there's spare monitors so if anyone wants to bring a console to use extra please do. We don't have to be done til 8 so a long day of casuals for a fiver.

I think we'll start Injustice at 2 and the rest between 3 and 4 if Letters is fine with that. I would expect Injustice to be the biggy.

I'm bringing an zbox anyways for the capcom games, one way or the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Hi all,

Just to announce this, we'll be holding Irelands first Injustice tournament at the overclockers.ie internet/ gaming cafe on the 11th.

http://www.overclocker.ie/index.php/cafe

Overclockers map

At the moment, we're planning to start at 2, and can run longer than most tournaments because we're not expected to move out for a peruvian mountain band at 5.30 or whatever!

We're running MK9 as well, if we can confirm more resources, we may also run UMvC3 and SSF4AE if we can.

More news soon.

This is a surprise

Has one of the MK's finest been told some traumatic news?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nutrient wrote: »

Has one of the MK's finest been told some traumatic news?

It's late, I'm not getting you?

It's late, I'm not getting you?

I was kidding :pac:

I figured something big would have occured to spur this tourney

Never heard of this venue either, Has a good site

Nutrient wrote: »
    I was kidding :pac:

I figured something big would have occured to spur this tourney

Never heard of this venue either, Has a good site

I am something big and I happened to sa Mortal Kombat player :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Its 2 days before my exams and im broke but id love to make it down to this :D
    Letters ya gonna have to show me where to go if I kan make it down dude.

All the best,
    OBS_OriginalRazer

• Advertisement

Its 2 days before my exams and im broke but id love to make it down to this :D
    Letters ya gonna have to show me where to go if I kan make it down dude.

All the best,
    OBS_OriginalRazer

It's pretty easy, you hop on a Luas at Connolly Station/ Abbey St, get off at Kylemore Rd, then it's a straight line. Hopefully won't be too rough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I am gonna try and make it down. I shall see how my money situation is in the coming week.

It's pretty easy, you hop on a Luas at Connolly Station/ Abbey St, get off at Kylemore Rd, then it's a straight line. Hopefully won't be too rough :)

Is it in Dublin city center like? I usually get off at the Bus Eiris.
    How much would that be for the 2nd bus then Doom?

All the best,
    OBS_OriginalRazer

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Basically get on the giant purple tram that goes past busaras (go out the back door) and stay on it till the kylemore stop. It's like 10 stops or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Get on a LUAS heading to Tallaght or Saggart from just outside Busaras. You'll need to get a ticket to go to Zone Red 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

that new venue looks pretty sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Tournament attendance confirmed for 3-5 people.

Sairus wrote: »
    Tournament attendance confirmed for 3-5 people.

It'll be a massive shame if that's a reason people don't show.

The venue is great, way more pleasant than XGC on its best day. There's much nicer food on site, they have consoles and monitors and importantly the guys running it are mad keen about getting competitive gaming going in Ireland. It's like a cross of all the good points of the Exchnge and the XGC. It's only downside is it's 10 minutes out of the city. It's literally 10 minutes too, on a Luas. I used to make the trip every day after a bus trip to town from Artane.

We should be helping them out because they want to help us. Just imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It wouldn't be a proper tourney if Razer didn't get lost for an hour our two :p

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one. I have money issues up to my eyeballs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

like doom said the venue is too good that it far far outweighs the only downside of a 10 minute luas trip.

i think not having hippies asleep on couches than might steal money from us or in xgc having to be constantly watching you stuff if white tracksuits are around is well well worth it.

like doom said the venue is too good that it far far outweighs the only downside of a 10 minute luas trip.

i think not having hippies asleep on couches than might steal money from us or in xgc having to be constantly watching you stuff if white tracksuits are around is well well worth it.

If I kan make it would you or Lar be up for meeting me at the main station to be my guide on this other bus none of this info is helping me lol

No DR? :'(

All the best,
    OBS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's not a bus. It's a tram line which is right outside Busaras.

http://www.luas.ie/routes/

You need to get on a tram at the Busaras stop and get off at Kylemore. The front of the tram will have either Tallaght or Saggart written on it. If it says Heuston, it's not going far enough. If it says Connolly or Point it's going in the wrong direction.

You need to get a ticket to Red 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

doubt its been decided yet but may aswell ask,any news on whether ssf4 gonna be there?
    I want to enjoy akuma being top tier while I can:( that nerf hammer is coming soon

edit:If you guys do end up running sf4 and I end up going,Il throw a madcatz t shirt in for the prize pool if you guys want,it has literally been sitting on the floor in the corner of my play room for over 6 months,wanna get rid of it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

hdaniel wrote: »
    doubt its been decided yet but may aswell ask,any news on whether ssf4 gonna be there?
    I want to enjoy akuma being top tier while I can:( that nerf hammer is coming soon

edit:If you guys do end up running sf4 and I end up going,Il throw a madcatz t shirt in for the prize pool if you guys want,it has literally been sitting on the floor in the corner of my play room for over 6 months,wanna get rid of it ha

I'll be there I think, and up for some casuals on SF4 anyway. Probably not gonna be a tournament of it though I'd imagine.

hdaniel wrote: »

Just being honest, but I don't know. I'm waiting on exact figures and how long we have before I commit to running anything more than IGAU and MK9. That said, as it's exam time, I (and I know Letters agrees) am leaning towards doing as many as possible so everyone has a reason to come.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'll be there I think, and up for some casuals on SF4 anyway. Probably not gonna be a tournament of it though I'd imagine.

Same goes for me, I'm an SF4 monster. Even if there's no tournaments, I'd be more than happy to get a few casuals going at some point. Good way to try out the new venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Speaking of which, make sure we bring our HDR copy so we can do air hurricanes in training mode to check for lag. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Speaking of which, make sure we bring our HDR copy so we can do air hurricanes in training mode to check for lag. :pac:

As it happens, I just got a physical copy of HDR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

As it happens, I just got a physical copy of HDR :)

Praise The Lord ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Ill come down to check the Injustice hype and play some ae casuals, will be playing akuma only though even if theres ae tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I just thought. What are the rules regarding DLC because isn't Lobo going to be released in a couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Well i be defo down for injustice, hope to see a big crowd,

I just thought. What are the rules regarding DLC because isn't Lobo going to be released in a couple of days?

Lobo banned:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

What console is Injustice going to be on?

Been readin that it performs unreliably on PS3 so it's probably best to go with Xbox.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-will-be-on-xbox-360-at-east-coast-throwdown.31732/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I vote ps3. The superior console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Cobelcog wrote: »
    What console is Injustice going to be on?

Been readin that it performs unreliably on PS3 so it's probably best to go with Xbox.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-will-be-on-xbox-360-at-east-coast-throwdown.31732/

ye ok

Advertisement