Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice/ MK9 tournament- 11th May Overclockers cafe, SSF4 UMVC MK9

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I just thought. What are the rules regarding DLC because isn't Lobo going to be released in a couple of days?

He's released tomorrow, I would guess at least one console will have him, but wait for Letters to confirm!

Well i be defo down for injustice, hope to see a big crowd,

I hope so too, thanks for coming :) Don't be disheartened if not, it's exam time.
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Lobo banned:pac:

Nutrient banned :P
    Cobelcog wrote: »
    What console is Injustice going to be on?

Been readin that it performs unreliably on PS3 so it's probably best to go with Xbox.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-will-be-on-xbox-360-at-east-coast-throwdown.31732/

Hmm well, I know Letters was planning for PS3, simply because we have more of them. Will have to get him to confirm.

Ok, we have the venue until 8pm that night, so I reckon we can go ahead and settle on tournies (or at least casuals for) Injustice, MK9, UMvC, and SSF4AE.

The venue is 5 euro in: I am recommending to Letters a small fee per tournament (maybe 3 euro or there's about) so we have a small pot for the winners of the tournament.

If Dreddy or Nutrient or whoever wants to bring an xbox, they have a few spare monitors there. That's a long ol set of casuals for a fiver, even if you didn't want to play in a tournament.

I don't want to say I will deffo stream on the day, because there's a lot of factors, but I'll be testing the place out on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Injustice, MK9, UMvC, and SSF4AE.

When's Super Smash Bros?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I just thought. What are the rules regarding DLC because isn't Lobo going to be released in a couple of days?

let it rock :D
    Cobelcog wrote: »
    What console is Injustice going to be on?

Been readin that it performs unreliably on PS3 so it's probably best to go with Xbox.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-will-be-on-xbox-360-at-east-coast-throwdown.31732/

PS3.
    game runs fine on ps3 with no "johnny cage xray" time slowdowns.
    havnt noticed any stage lag like hell from MK9 yet either.
    that thread caused a bit of unneeded overreaction,oh TYM :p

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dark Man

Will anyone have a pS3 stick or any kind of adapter only have a 360 stick =/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'll try to make it to support injustice

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it (for reasons other than a 10 minute travel time) :( Best of luck with it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

He's released tomorrow, I would guess at least one console will have him, but wait for Letters to confirm!

I hope so too, thanks for coming :) Don't be disheartened if not, it's exam time.

I didn't mean it like it be ****, I meant it as in to show there's a strong Support in the game

The only gripe is I will have to leave about 7ish, so hope the Injustice Tourney before that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I didn't mean it like it be ****, I meant it as in to show there's a strong Support in the game

The only gripe is I will have to leave about 7ish, so hope the Injustice Tourney before that

Definetly before 7.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Unfortunately.....for reasons other than a 10 minute travel time..........

there is always one.. :rolleyes:

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't make it to this either. Family event on.

Right, info ladies and gents!

Doors open 12 for casuals. 5E to get in, 3E per tournament just for a bit of pot.

Games will be injustice, MK9, SSF4 and UMvC3. I'm hoping to have casuals all day as long, there's spare monitors so if anyone wants to bring a console to use extra please do. We don't have to be done til 8 so a long day of casuals for a fiver.

I think we'll start Injustice at 2 and the rest between 3 and 4 if Letters is fine with that. I would expect Injustice to be the biggy.

I'm bringing an zbox anyways for the capcom games, one way or the other.

Dark Man wrote: »
    Will anyone have a pS3 stick or any kind of adapter only have a 360 stick =/.

Only seeing this now- I have a dual modded stick, long as you don't wreck it you can have a loan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Might be a plan to change the thread title doom - add the venue (even just that it's in Dublin) and that the other games are being played.

Sounds great btw, I'll bring an xbox.

I should be able to bring down a xbox and games for casuals. Also my stick is dual modded as well so if someone wants to use it then that is no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I dont know how to get there from Blanch =(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

ladnopoka wrote: »
    I dont know how to get there from Blanch =(

Bus to town and get the Luas?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If there's parking near by that'll make it a lot easier for me to bring to stuff to tourneys. Could someone keep an eye out for future reference?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If there's parking near by that'll make it a lot easier for me to bring to stuff to tourneys. Could someone keep an eye out for future reference?

I've been there, there is 100% parking at it.

• Advertisement

If someone has a spare Super disc, could they bring it? My AE disc is dying badly, I have the AE patch so I can use either on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

If someone has a spare Super disc, could they bring it? My AE disc is dying badly, I have the AE patch so I can use either on the day.

.......and who broke into our house & stole the 5 copies of super that we had but, typically, cannot now find!

ayjayirl wrote: »
    .......and who broke into our house & stole the 5 copies of super that we had but, typically, cannot now find!

I only bought one of them about 6 months ago because no one in casuals had one. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I have my dodgy Super disc I can bring in. No Giefs allowed.

I have AE on disc. So You can use that if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I think I might come along to this and pot-monster AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna skip on this, too close to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

have an exam on the 21st...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sorry again for not being able to make this one, lads. It'll be my first time missing an MK set since I started going to these events. I hope everything runs smooth and y'all get a deadly turnout.

Also, I've got a half pound of bacon for anyone who bumps www.Hit-Start-Now.com in the commentaries throughout the day.

*NOTICE: The bacon may be a complete lie*

• Advertisement

Doyler has my copy of UMvC3, could a couple people bring that too?

Advertisement