Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice/ MK9 tournament- 11th May Overclockers cafe, SSF4 UMVC MK9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

It takes more than just one man to transport Doom's copy of Marvel.

Sadly I can't make this. Family event going on the same day. Which is a shame, cause the venue looks to be pretty slick. Have fun though gaiz, hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

The oul exams start on monday so i won't be in attendance but the venue looks really cool, hope its works out well. Everyone who can go should go.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Gonna go to this. Gettin into Connolly at 12.45 and will get the luas from there then walkin until forever to get to the venue from the kylemore stop.

(plz b xgc next time)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

http://goo.gl/maps/V22PB -
    For people getting the Luas (Red Line) this is where you want to get off and walk towards McDonalds and walk straight up that road for about 20-30 mins. Along the walk you cross the Canal then pass by a Travellers site (cant miss it, lol) Then keep walking til you see this http://goo.gl/maps/Lx2nD that should be the area where overclocker is. That are is opposite side of Costello Doors/House of Tiles. Hope this helps.

If you find yourself asking anyone for directions and they dont know where Overclockers is then ask do they know where The Ozo recycling factoru is as it seems Overclockers is close to that and thats a fairly known factory in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

Hi All, This is im Theo from Overclocker. If you guys are at the Luas stop, just text me and il collect you from Macdonalds across from the Luas stop.

087 7760328

Save you guys walking and you get to the event quicker

Regards
    Theo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Wow, that's extremely generous Theo! That's awesome.

No problem, If there's more then four people though i will have to do two trips to get you guys

That'd be great man, very kind of you!

If anyone wants to go as a group me and ladno are meetin at connolly around 12.45 and gettin a luas a bit after so will be at kylemore stop around 13.00/13.10 or something I guess. Won't be able to check this once i go on train so make sure ladno knows we're expecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

how late will guys run for?

The event will run till around 8pm. Already a few people here, we have the projector up to showcase the match's. We also have the computers running COD black ops 2 and FIFA 12 on the projector before the match. So there will be something for everyone while waiting for match's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

GGs all, good tournament, great venue. Big thanks to organisers!

My first trophy ever :D
    hAEQ1TV.jpg?1

http://imgur.com/hAEQ1TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

ladnopoka wrote: »
    GGs all, good tournament, great venue. Big thanks to organisers!

WTF - I was sure Dreddy had you downloaded.

Cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ayjayirl wrote: »
    WTF - I was sure Dreddy had you downloaded.

Cheap!

Honda :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Well played, good sir. What were the results for MK, Injustice and Marvel?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Thanks lads for coming down to overclocker.ie Internet cafe. We had a great time and look forward to hosting more events with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

This event was exquisite in comparison to past locations

Andy and crew were a delight to work and converse with

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I just got home and I'm wrecked but to sum up.

It was a brilliant event. The new venue was superb. The location wasn't the greatest but it had plenty of space and equipment which more than makes up for the slight inconvenience of it's location. The staff were extremely kind and helpful which is always a good thing. Even though I didn't actually try any of the food it seemed nice and it wasn't expensive either. Also that hall with the stage was godlike. In the future if we have a big event we have to use that.

As for the actual tournament. Injustice was great fun. I was a little disappointed about MK not being run because of time constraints but the Injustice hype made up for that. Shoutouts to Letters for being my co-commentator throughout the day and Nutrient for talking about random things on the mic with me. Obviously big shoutouts to Doom for doing his thing as he always does. I always appreciate being let on the mic. However next time it would be good if the laptop is actually plugged in. :P

Also TOOOMBSTOOONE!

MK got canceled? Seems odd; I thought it was originally an Injustice/MK tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Was nice to get some decent casuals in and shake off a bit of rust.

GGs to all I played and bonus thanks to Kiki for donating a euro to my cause, though he did get it back because I didn't get my name down for AE. (I foolishly assumed DooM was keeping track of who'd given him money - there was a separate sheet for us to take care of that business ourselves, deeeeerp :p)

The new venue was nice enough to be worth the extra bit of travel, was muuuuuuuuuuuuch more comfortable than the absolute madhouse that was the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

deathrider wrote: »
    MK got canceled? Seems odd; I thought it was originally an Injustice/MK tourney.

Yeah in the end it was only Injustice and AE tournaments that got ran. We ran out of time because of a mixture of things. We started pretty late and very close sets of 3 out of 5 Injustice tend to take their time. It was still a great event though even without MK or Marvel.

• Advertisement

That's unfortunate. At the same time, I'm kinda glad I didn't head to it now. I know that probably sounds bad, but if I had of made the trip from Galway for a few fights I would have been super-pissed if those fights didn't get to go ahead.

However, I'm glad to hear that everything else ran well and everyone had a blast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

only home now cause left the tourny straight to a casuals session.

1st off thank you to the overlockers team.
    you did more than your part on the day and it was great to chat with andy after the tourny (hope you & your car finds the people who stole your sign ;) )

thanks also to those who came out.
    i think all that who was there could agree a e2 luas trip was way more than worth how much better this place was that anywhere we've done a tourny before, hotels included.
    imo the overlockers is now the number 1 choice for any upcoming tourny.
    place is gdlk

thanks to sir doom for the major parts he had to play in this event,
    finding venue, emailing both Theo and myself over last while, recording and TO duties on the day.

props to dreddy for bopping me in injustice also :D

...as for mk getting canceled, while alot of it was out of my hands i did have a part to play in that so just wanted be the first to say sorry, still pretty down about it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Sounds like an awesome place bar the fact that it's difficult to get to. Is there any way that can be improved for a next time now that you've been there?

Maybe next time we can arrange pick-ups at Huston station or another central point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Probably easier to get a bus from city centre than the Luas and then a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

79 Bus stop right across from Heuston Station. Thats the Bus you would want to get

So what were the final scores in SF and Injustice, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    So what were the final scores in SF and Injustice, lads?

lando won sf im pretty sure.

with injustice cant member full placements,think remember top5...
    1.uglybunny (hawkgirl/bane)
    2.nutrient (superman/batman)
    3.momentum (cyborg/shazam)
    4.lar (ares)
    5.1fraud3letters (killer frost/grundy)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs all, cheers Letters. Aquaman too strong. :pac: BTW as far as I remember, Cobelcog was 4th in Injustice, and I thought I came joint 5th (he knocked me out the round before that anyway I think).

• Advertisement

Yeah, I came 4th and assuming the round before me was for joint 5 then I think results were:

Injustice

1. UglyBunny (Hawkgirl)
    2. Nutrient (Superman)
    3. Momentum (Cyborg/Shazam)
    4. Cobelcog (Catwoman)
    5. Dreddybajs (Aquaman)
    5. Lars (Ares)

SF4

1. Ladnopoka (Cody/E. Honda)
    2. Dreddybajs (Cammy)
    3. Cobelcog (Ryu/M. Bison)
    4. Doctor Doom (Guile)