Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this April: May Edition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Am knee deep in lengthy games - Persona 3, GT5 and Fire Emblem. Plan on giving Catherine a go too. Don't think I'll be finishing any this month :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty poor month for me:

Resident Evil 6
    Megaman 3 (GB)
    Castlevania (N64)

This month I'll be concentrating on Riviera and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

My friend is trying to get me into Dragon's Dogma and I'll be dropping back into Bioshock 2 every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Only got Far Cry 3 done last month though Super Metroid should be finished by tomorrow and Strider on the Xperia Play (PS1) should follow suit by next week

I have Mass Effect 3 and Dark Souls running at the moment but doubt ill get either finished within the month, that'll be me up to date then though on xbox, Dark Souls is the only game I've bought since Christmas so I've managed to get through my whole backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    My brother gave me a lend of his PS3 so I have:

Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3

On PC, and if I get the time:

Dishonored
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Uncharted 1 finished. Starting Uncharted 2 now. Already it feels like a superior game. I found 1 to be very tedious and some things just didn't make sense :P Still though, a decent cover based shooter with elements of Tomb Raider thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

finshed MW BO2 this morning - never had to slog so hard to get through game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm playing Fallout 3 again. So many things I didn't do last time so I'm going to take my time with it. Just reached Rivet City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Icaras wrote: »
    never had to slog so had to get through game

you obviously havnt played Assassins Creed 3 then

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Gonna finally start Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate tonight on the 3DS. should keep me busy for the next year or so.

Also started my 2nd playthrough of Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Corvo

May 2013 or May 2012? :(

I'm so far behind. I hate growing up. Stupid job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Icaras wrote: »
    finshed MW BO2 this morning - never had to slog so had to get through game
    Slog as in it was tedious to play or hard? And are you talking the story/DLC or it all? I'm going to fess up to something that probably is going to sound bad...

I'm kinda pissed at BLOPS as I didn't really get along with the Zombies mode and I didn't get 25 of the achievements due to not wanting to spend 1200 MS points per pack. Well, it wasn't limited to BLOPS as I didn't really want to spend so much money getting the DLC in MW3 either.

I haven't gotten BLOPS 2 as I know it'll be a game I play on a secondary profile, so for that reason I don't want to spend much on it, if anything. As in, borrow it from a friend, preferably. I buy a lot of DLC but I don't really think the DLC in COD games seem worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got "Sleeping dogs" finished, tried to get platinum but my triad score isn't high enough and it's a chore to increase it.

Finished "Thomas Was Alone". Got all trophy pickups, great little game. Good music and good story.

On "God of War HD" now, half way through.

Lots to choose from after that, PS+ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Got a Wii again, so I'm finally going to finish Wind Waker...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have finished mgs1 and 2, half way through mgs3, have mgs4 lined up after I finish 3..

3 is brilliant. I hope you are playing the subsistence version rather than the regular version, it's a hell of a lot better.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    3 is brilliant. I hope you are playing the subsistence version rather than the regular version, it's a hell of a lot better.

playing the Hd version.. loving the whole story so far of all the games.. This is my first play through of them all, I missed them first time around for one reason or another.. want to be up to speed when the new one is released later on in the year...

Pretty sure the HD one is based on Subsistence with the better camera. The regular edition camera was quite poor by contrast.

Pretty sure the HD one is based on Subsistence with the better camera. The regular edition camera was quite poor by contrast.

so far the boss battles in the first are alot better and more memorable.. boss fights in 2 and 3 seem to be watered down abit..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Slog as in it was tedious to play or hard? And are you talking the story/DLC or it all? I'm going to fess up to something that probably is going to sound bad...

I'm kinda pissed at BLOPS as I didn't really get along with the Zombies mode and I didn't get 25 of the achievements due to not wanting to spend 1200 MS points per pack. Well, it wasn't limited to BLOPS as I didn't really want to spend so much money getting the DLC in MW3 either.

I haven't gotten BLOPS 2 as I know it'll be a game I play on a secondary profile, so for that reason I don't want to spend much on it, if anything. As in, borrow it from a friend, preferably. I buy a lot of DLC but I don't really think the DLC in COD games seem worth it.

tedious and boring, and talking about single player campaign - I cant remember 1 part (nevermind level) that was enjoyable. Played through all the MW and BO SP campaigns and while some were poor there were always some good bits in them. I found nothing enjoyable from BO2 single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    My brother gave me a lend of his PS3 so I have:

Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3

On PC, and if I get the time:

Dishonored
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Uncharted 1 and 2 down now. Uncharted 2 was a solid sequel. Vastly superior graphics, more variety in gameplay, better puzzles, and great humour. However, I felt the latter half of the game returned to Uncharted 1; mostly cover based shooting and endless waves of men coming at you. Better than it's predecessor, much better, but still, it had similar flaws.

Reluctant to play Uncharted 3 except my brother assures me it is even better than the previous two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Finished Jurassic Park: The game. I really don't understand the hate. it's advertised as an interactive movie and i thought the storyline was pretty good (save for a silly twist ending and the odd out of place set piece)

Also finished Grand Theft Auto III at last. it only took me 9 years! played a little bit of Vice City, controls are a little over-sensitive, otherwise great.

• Advertisement

Uncharted 3 has gotten great reviews. I've only played the demo to the first one, and didn't like the inclusion of motion controls. Felt stupidly tacked on. If you go on to 3, will be interested to hear how you find it. Though if I do decide to play it, I will do the 3 of 'em. Don't like jumping in to a series late in to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I finished off Bioshock Infinite last night. Blood Dragon's next on the list. Then I dunno, maybe Dishonoured or Spec Ops: The Line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Sarky wrote: »
    I finished off Bioshock Infinite last night. Blood Dragon's next on the list. Then I dunno, maybe Dishonoured or Spec Ops: The Line.
    Both spec ops and dishonoured are short. Spec ops is only about 4-5 hours long, dishonoured is about 12 at a push. But great games and enjoyed every moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sarky wrote: »

Go for spec ops. Some emotional trip. I am gamer so many years and this is the first game to make me feel like.... This. Can't even explain how.

As for myself, I started sleeping dogs last week. Bought it weeks ago and only now fired it up. What an amazing game. I know it's not fair to compare it to older gta4, but this game is just so much better as an actual "game". Gta maybe better to **** around, but the story and game it self is crap. My least favourite gta title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Completed the Walking Dead last night (Tell Tale games one). Excellent game that brought on the feels so many times. Heard they are releasing a second season sometime this year also.

Not sure which game I'm going to finish next, still playing through Skyrim at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sat down and completed Red Faction: Armageddon in one gaming session (sans obligatory food and toilet breaks), 13 hours well spent. It's not a bad game tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Got Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel done few days ago, Great fun, I liked it

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line today, had it around half done for ages and went back to it, great game and story with
    Walker, Konrad, the hallucinations, I chose to open fire on the patrol at the end and got killed by some of them, what ending choice did the people who have finished it make?

Dishonoured or Dead Island Riptide are next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel done few days ago, Great fun, I liked it

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line today, had it around half done for ages and went back to it, great game and story with
    Walker, Konrad, the hallucinations, I chose to open fire on the patrol at the end and got killed by some of them, what ending choice did the people who have finished it make?

Dishonoured or Dead Island Riptide are next
    There are 4 in total. Quite interesting too. Its better to go and check videos of it. I could not play that briliant again, its scary :P

I'm not going to read the spoilers, obviously, but thanks for the Spec Ops recommendations (I think) it was a game not even on my radar. It'll be likely a couple of weeks before I get to play any of the games on my to play list, but I did add it on to my order for Last Light and The Witcher 2.

I'll not be gaming for 2 weeks more, but here's what I'll be looking to get on with as and when I have time (and in no particular order):

Dishonored Dunwall Trials DLC.
    Metro Last Light
    Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
    Spec Ops: The Line
    The Witcher 2

I have a lot of games with lots to do in, too so I may go back try to get some achievements in some earlier games. In any case, I'll post what I think of the game when I get to it, though don't hold your breath on it being too soon :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

polished off mars : wars logs last night, first 2 sections of the game were pretty decent, last section just felt rushed, a shame really.

Advertisement