Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this April: May Edition

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Dishonored is done. Loved it, one of my favorite games of the last few years. When i clear the backlog, thats getting a replay!

Went to play tropico4, and found that the game wasnt installed. wierd, cause i specifically remember installing it, but cant remember uninstalling it.

So while it installed, i finished Homefront, which i had started last year but gotten bored of.

So this month is:
    Dishonored - Done
    Homefront - Done
    Tropico4 - in progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm getting closer to a 100% Okami HD run.

Just gotta find some collectibles, beat 2 more Demon Gate trials and then I'm on the home stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

folan wrote: »
    Dishonored is done. Loved it, one of my favorite games of the last few years. When i clear the backlog, thats getting a replay!

Went to play tropico4, and found that the game wasnt installed. wierd, cause i specifically remember installing it, but cant remember uninstalling it.

So while it installed, i finished Homefront, which i had started last year but gotten bored of.

So this month is:
    Dishonored - Done
    Homefront - Done
    Tropico4 - in progress.

Good luck finishing Tropico 4 in one month! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Good luck finishing Tropico 4 in one month! :p

well, i have the feeling that ill be at it till july. and i welcome that feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm getting closer to a 100% Okami HD run.

Just gotta find some collectibles, beat 2 more Demon Gate trials and then I'm on the home stretch.

I was actually going to ask about that game. I am an hour in at the moment and I can't decide whether to continue. It is effectively 30 minutes of gameplay as the introduction is around 30 minutes. It feels like a game I would have preferred on a handheld ( kind of like the sequal Okamidon on the DS).....

Is it worth sticking with. I am feeling a bit burned out on first and third person shooters and adventure games and looking for something a little different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Actually, on the Spec Ops note: Last time I played I got as far as the
    white phosphorous mortar and the accidentally killing a bunch of civvies
    . How much longer is there in the game? Playing on the hardest setting too, because normal hasn't been a challenge in a game since the days of Thief...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Sarky wrote: »
    Actually, on the Spec Ops note: Last time I played I got as far as the
    white phosphorous mortar and the accidentally killing a bunch of civvies
    . How much longer is there in the game? Playing on the hardest setting too, because normal hasn't been a challenge in a game since the days of Thief...

I reckon you are at the 40 to 50 percent mark in the game. Good bit to go yet!

Finished Crysis 2 the other night, must have started it a dozen times since it was released. Enjoyed it quite considerably though I found it rather easy.

Now onto Crysis 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I finally finished Far Cry 3 having started it before last Christmas:D

I've collected everything etc and the only achievements I've yet to get(xbox) is the co-op missions, Is anyone up for doing these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Falthyron wrote: »
    My brother gave me a lend of his PS3 so I have:

Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3

On PC, and if I get the time:

Dishonored
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Uncharted 3 finished. Overall I would give the Uncharted series a 7.5 out of 10. When it is doing puzzles, climbing, animation, humour, story, cinematic scenes, it is very, very good - excellent, even. However, the fighting of endless waves of men coming at you (e.g. the Pirate captain had an army good enough to take over a small country!), bad shooting mechanics, plot holes (e.g. Drake finding some tomb nobody has ever stepped foot inside for four hundred years, YET, at the end of it there are waves of enemy soldiers to kill!?) bring the game down a lot. I reckon most of the time it took to complete the game was spent during shooting moments.

Nevertheless, it was enjoyable for the most part. Uncharted 3 being the best by far.

On to Dishonored now and going for the 'Clean Hands' achievement will be like a breath of fresh air after Uncharted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Still to finish Radiant Historia after two months. Just too busy with exams, work and life in general.
    Started Uncharted on the Vita, enjoying it but the controls are stopping it being as slick as the PS3 versions.
    Started Thomas Was Alone on the Vita. didn't know what to expect but loving it so far, especially the narrative.
    Started Dragons Dogma, can't get into it so might pass on it for this month.

My aims are to finish:
    Radiant Historia
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Thomas Was Alone

And being hopeful, make a decent dent into:
    Catherine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's Blood Dragon down. Seriously, I can't remember the last time a game made me so happy all the way through. Pretty much perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Inspired by this thread I started Batman: Arkham Asylum after buying it a month or two ago during the sale that Microsoft had on. Cracking game, touch n go whether I will get the time to finish it by the end of the month though.

Must hunt out a cheap copy of the sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I had great fun with Asylum. I don't know why, but I sorta lost interest in City, to be honest. It's still a solid, well developed title and I can't really pin point what happened, but I just haven't played City in ages and have loads to do in it. I intend to go back to it at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

woo finally got around to a full play through of dead island.

Completed every side quest and all. a total of 18 hours and 4 seconds!

I think when I bought the game in 2011 I finished the first 2 acts. Glad I went back, it was a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

woo finally got around to a full play through of dead island.

Completed every side quest and all. a total of 18 hours and 4 seconds!

I think when I bought the game in 2011 I finished the first 2 acts. Glad I went back, it was a great game.

I bought that yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a try when I get my new computer. Any thoughts now that you've finished it?

That's near the top of a list of 30 or so other games I've bought over the past couple of months and never played.

Just need a computer to play them on.. :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Finished Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    Good game with plenty of laugh out loud moments.

It did dampen my desire to play vanilla Far Cry though, dodgey car handeling and clunky interactions really take from the otherwise smooth experience.

Gonna try Tomb Raider in June.

Advertisement