Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prestigio phone deal - warranty?

Options
  • 01-05-2013 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I'm allowed link the deal I'm talking about - so I'll do my best to explain.

I found a deal for a Prestigio Dual sim 4040 phone on an Irish deal website. I've never heard of this brand before but that doesn't really scare me. I did a little bit of research and it sounds grand - anyone got any experience with Prestigio?

The phone costs €130 incl. delivery. I had my eye on a Huawei for a while, so I thought it would be interesting to compare this phone to the Huawei G300 on gsmarena. Their specs are pretty much the exact same, so I do want to buy this phone.

However, I'm a little concerned to do so, as who do I go to if there's something wrong with it? For instance a little while ago I had a phone bought from Vodafone that kept breaking, they sent it for repairs and it came back grand. Am I right in thinking I'll have no support like this from buying the phone from the deal website?

This could be a deal breaker for me, so any info on the matter would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Prestigio list a company in Mayo as a service centre so give them a ring to see if they will take it for warranty repair, should anything happen.

I have set up a couple of those Prestigio dual sim phones for other people and they seem like a pretty decent phone. I didn't use them for that long but I was impressed, especially for the price that they are. The people I set them up for are certainly very happy with them.

Advertisement