Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhelpful annoying posts or back seat modding?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Report the post and let the mods decide. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I don't see it as back seat modding. It's an expression of fustration at what the poster sees as the same oul stuff being posted over and over again. It's much like the same typical responses the majority of posts pick up.
    Just skip the first 2 or 3 pages of replies and the threads usually settle down.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would think it is a form of thread spoiling. There are so many threads on boards now that I do not see any point in going into one that I have no interest in. In the forums I frequent for example there are many threads that I have never opened. The only reason I can think of in this case is that it is someone who objects to these things being discussed altogether

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The only reason I can think of in this case is that it is someone who objects to these things being discussed altogether

That would be an incorrect assumption. I've no problem with any of those issues being discussed. But they've been done to death so many times at this stage, and inevitably result in a lot of work for the mods that the reaction in that post is pretty much how I feel too. That said, it's unlikely I'd post it myself, and as Mr E said, really it's the local mods' call as to whether it's thread spoiling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The thread is actually about Enda Kenny rather than strictly the topics in the title. Having said that after hours probably is not the place for that kind of discussion from a mod time perspective

• Advertisement
Advertisement