Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA HELP???

Options
  • 01-05-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

IS there any possible ways of me going to Canada in the next 2 months and working. I currently have no visa and believe there all gone till next year! Is this right??

There must be away around it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

I highly doubt it mate. yes all the visas are gone till next year.
    If you have a skill or profession that's in demand you can apply for an lmo but you will need to first get a canada employer that is willing to sponsor you and and apply for the lmo. but this process takes up to 3 months so i don't think you will be there working in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Unfortuantely I don't have any qualifications as such :(

****!!!

All ya can do is wait till the process opens next jan/feb so mate:D

Are you currently living over there? How do you find it?

No i aint mate i just got my visa heading in july hopefully:D

• Advertisement

What if i knew someone with a visa that decided they didn't want to go anymore, Could I avail of it???

Ha no sadly mate it dont work like that there is over 1000 people on waiting list:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

dont mean to sound like a dick, but there's no way you'll get a visa this year, as in zero, zilch 0000000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Start applying for jobs online and even ringing them, a lot of the bigger companies all ready have an open LMO and if they want you it takes about 4wks. I have a friend that got a job offer a wk ago and is looking at been out there my the end of the month.
    I got a job offer myself and according to the company it is just a case of putting my name on the LMO, once someone lands in Canada (airport) you can get your work permit there for $150 once you have an employer with an LMO.

Its all nonsense having to wait until next year for them to release more visa's, it is the way to go but its a long wait, just getting a job offer would be your 1st priority. I applied for about 12 jobs and have 4 companies so far that are showing interest, I'm in construction btw.

Yea but if ya have no real quailifcations ya will get it hard to get an lmo.

• Advertisement

what exactly is a lmo?? I was looking up jobs there and it says 'Open LMO's'??

If i was to get an LMO with a company, do I have to stay with them or can I leave after a while?
    There seems to be plenty of LMO's for ****ty jobs, MCd's, KFC, etc etc etc. If I was to get one could I just leave or am I forced to stay with them long term??

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Yea but if ya have no real quailifcations ya will get it hard to get an lmo.

When it comes to construction it is all down to experience and having a good cv, i have no formal qualifications but i have 20yrs experience.

billy2012 wrote: »
    If i was to get an LMO with a company, do I have to stay with them or can I leave after a while?
    There seems to be plenty of LMO's for ****ty jobs, MCd's, KFC, etc etc etc. If I was to get one could I just leave or am I forced to stay with them long term??

You are suppose to stay with them for 2 yrs but i'm sure if you left your employer or got sacked you would have a certain amount of time to find another employer with an LMO, its the same with Australia, you have 30 days to find a new sponsor.

You are suppose to stay with them for 2 yrs but i'm sure if you left your employer or got sacked you would have a certain amount of time to find another employer with an LMO, its the same with Australia, you have 30 days to find a new sponsor.

**** just got interesting. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

billy2012 wrote: »

what do you expect to get when you have no qualifications?

When it comes to construction it is all down to experience and having a good cv, i have no formal qualifications but i have 20yrs experience.

I suppose it depends what trade your in and what province you go to. most jobs require Irish trade certs as the trades are regulated .

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

The LMO process is about to go under a massive overhaul from the sounds of it.
    Employers will now have to pay for a Labour Market Opinion and the ALMO program has been suspended.
    I'd be looking into it quick if I was you

Advertisement