Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecommerce CMS - What Platform?

• 01-05-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭

I'm just about to start work on another store and am looking at the various CMS options.

I've a few criteria in that it must be:

Open Source
    Customisable
    Self Hosted
    Integrate with Realex

In addition it should involve minimum php scripting or altering of php.

PrestShop definitely fits the bill but before I take the plunge I'm just wondering what others I should be considering.

Thoughts appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I've heard some very bad things about PrestaShop. My one experience with it was not fun. Lemmonstand is definitely one of the best solutions out there. It's not free though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Opencart is fairly easy to use/tweak. You can buy Realex payment gateway plugins for it. Magento is also very good but would require a bit more of a learning curve, however once you get to grips with it it's not too bad, Realex plugin for Magento is free iirc. I agree with what FC says regarding Prestashop, wasn't too impressed when I tried it out a while back,

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

yoyo wrote: »
    Opencart is fairly easy to use/tweak. You can buy Realex payment gateway plugins for it. Magento is also very good but would require a bit more of a learning curve, however once you get to grips with it it's not too bad, Realex plugin for Magento is free iirc. I agree with what FC says regarding Prestashop, wasn't too impressed when I tried it out a while back,

Nick

WorldNet have free OpenCart and Magento plugins. Apparently they're one of very few payment gateways in Europe which will do plugin development for free. Plus they're a very successful Irish credit/debit card payments company. Always good to support the Irish. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

WorldNet have free OpenCart and Magento plugins. Apparently they're one of very few payment gateways in Europe which will do plugin development for free. Plus they're a very successful Irish credit/debit card payments company. Always good to support the Irish. :D

One to note for the future, thanks :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Big commerce which is PCI compliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Big commerce which is PCI compliant.

Not self-hosted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

+1 for Magento & Realex. I've done a few implementations in the past. Steep learning curve, but once you get there, a very marketable skill.

+1 for Magento & Realex. I've done a few implementations in the past. Steep learning curve, but once you get there, a very marketable skill.

Agree, and since 1.7 it seems to be a bit faster and less resource hungry.

Advertisement