Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband&tv.....

• 01-05-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Exactly one week ago we gone upc home phone , tv , & fiber powered broadband (100 mb ) or so we thought . Tv is absolutely terrible , jumping too random channels , not changing channels , freezing on screen , etc etc . The local eircom exchange is not even set up for fiber broadband ( shankill area ) which is less than a 1/4 kilometer from our house . I rang upc too ask where the fiber power cable is outside our house & where the Cooper cable takes over . Got no answer , am I & others paying for something that is not being provided by upc......????

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've deleted the other thread you started as we prefer that people don't post the same thing in multiple forums. If you wish to talk to UPC directly, they have their own forum on Boards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 toddflanders

Very sorry about that, was unsure were too post it 1st time ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

When you signed up, did you ask what speed your connection was capable of? Or did you just select the fastest package?

Your connection may only be able to connect at a lower speed, but the UPC contract would state that you signed up for a package with a speed up to 100mb. The "up to" part is key for their protection, but means you could get 2mb and not much you can argue.

With your TV, sometimes a bad connection (external or internal) can cause problems. Check all your cable connections.

If all else fails, get UPC to send an engineer out to check your setup. I've always found them very good at resolving problems.

, we did ask speed & that's what we where told. Engineer was very professional & rewired house inside & exterior cables , splitter boxes also replaced...I have been on too upc twice this week about it & have reset both topboxes . Still no change , I have even replaced batteries in remote controls ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the area wasnt 150mb capable they wouldn't have been able to sell 100mb to you.
    Where the fibre ends and cable starts isn't something you or the person on the other end of the phone really need to know. They're not using the eircom line for your broadband anyway.
    It is frustrating, I had problems with cables myself but it was worth the wait getting sorted.

• Advertisement

Our whole house was rewired & splitter boxes fitted, on Thursday a engineer was out & it was a line fault , & that they would get a SECOND LINES ENGINEER out too look at the box in the estate . On Friday out of the blue two upc vans call too our house . The two engineers cam In look at our two TVs and said it was a setting on the energy save function....what a load of BULLS&#T..THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE PROBLEM IS ....

Advertisement