Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Biker Down

• 01-05-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Just came across this

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/biker-seriously-injured-in-kildare-crash-593022.html
    A motorcyclist in his 30s has been seriously injured in a crash in Co. Kildare.

The 33-year-old man collided with a woman in her 20s, who was driving a car on the Clane to Celbridge Rd at about 7.15am this morning.

Both the man and the woman were brought to Naas General Hospital, where the woman's injuries are not life threatening.

The road has been closed to facilitate a forensic collision examination and diversions are in place.

AA Roadwatch is reporting long delays approaching Clane from Straffan, and approaching Straffan from Clane, Cellbridge and Maynooth.

Gardaí in Naas are appealing for witnesses.
    As it does not mention my hopes are he will make it trough!

Be safe all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Please God he makes it.

I attended a funeral of a mate killed on his bike down that way (Dagwelds Cross) only two weeks ago, same age too.

It really brings it home to you how vulnerable we are when you've attended a bikers funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

Fingers crossed for the lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Terrible news....hope everyone involved makes a full recovery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Please god the chap and the lady driver both make a swift and full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

They always have the motorcyclist colliding with the car, not the other way around. That might have happened here, but I notice that in reports. As someone involved in an accident, where I was hit by a car, I sincerely hopes he gets well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry I can't post a link from the mobile, but the biker didn't make it.. News on this evenings breakingnews.ie

RIP young man .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Sorry I can't post a link from the mobile, but the biker didn't make it.. News on this evenings breakingnews.ie

RIP young man .

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-dies-from-injuries-after-kildare-road-accident-593901.html

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why is it that so many cars colliding with motorcycles are driven by women in their 20s?

Happened to me, happened to several people I know, happens in lots of news reports.

I don't know a single biker hit by a 'more risky' male driver. How is this?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

ninja900 wrote: »
    Why is it that so many cars colliding with motorcycles are driven by women in their 20s?

Happened to me, happened to several people I know, happens in lots of news reports.

you are looking for something that you wont find... an answer :)
    in general
    car drivers (female) are not fully aware of "motorbikes":
    1.speed
    2.vulnerability
    3.they are underestimating them as part of traffic.

they think that car is more important/bigger and has the right to turn first.
    actualy in general they dont care.

on other hand i have to say that its not only "the young female population" that is "colliding". try to go for spin in the evening hour with the ... taxi drivers in dublin city. its a reall challenge.

anyway. lets try to be more carefull first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends!

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

The breaking news link says he collided with a van, whereas the first link says car.

Also says the Gardai are appealing for witnesses. I wonder did the car/van driver stick around?

Edit: just read first link again. Woman was brought to naas general after the accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

R.I.P to the fella..

sick of my daily commute through the traffic of town.. especially this week in the rain....

jobs moving soon so will be using the cage for my commute.. cant wait to be honest, too many dodgy cage drivers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Pedro K wrote: »
    The breaking news link says he collided with a van, whereas the first link says car.

Also says the Gardai are appealing for witnesses. I wonder did the car/van driver stick around?

Edit: just read first link again. Woman was brought to naas general after the accident.

They were two separate crashes, one was in the morning, the other evening time.
    Rip to both riders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

ninja900 wrote: »

I was hit by a male driving a car, totally his fault and I have had numerous close shaves with both males & females.

RIP to the two lads :(

Advertisement