Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemists competition in Westside

Options
  • 01-05-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I just read the Galway Indo and it seems that there will be intense competition between the new pharmacy beside Aldi and the other one beside Dunnes.

Did someone leave one shop to set up another?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Paddyfield wrote: »
    I just read the Galway Indo and it seems that there will be intense competition between the new pharmacy beside Aldi and the other one beside Dunnes.

Did someone leave one shop to set up another?
    can't find a link but ya leave is one word to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

can't find a link but ya leave is one word to describe it.

I don't understand that sentence.

I don't have a link as I read the paper and there are extensive articles and adverts from both chemists in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Paddyfield wrote: »
    I don't understand that sentence.

I do ... and I don't even know the story in this case.

Hint: someone can "leave" a job in various ways. Resigning is just one of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Its a drive-thru chemist, especially for people who have difficulty getting out of cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Its a drive-thru chemist, escpcially for people who have difficulty getting out of cars.

Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Really???

Yes really, the wife was there today and told me, I thought she was having a laugh but its true.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Again, really?

I was over there the weekend before last and walked from Aldi to Aroma and just noticed it as a regular shop...

Unless there's something around the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yes really, the wife was there today and told me, I thought she was having a laugh but its true.

Wow, that's pretty novel.That could be great for people with mobility problems though or for those days when you're just too sick to get out of the car/are bringing a sick child.
    Wonder if that'll result in queues as chemists usually aren't that fast at dishing up medicines.
    I'll be very interested to see it in full swing. Could be an excellent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Its a drive-thru chemist, especially for people who have difficulty getting out of cars.

its advertised on page 45 of the indo as Ireland first drive-up pharmacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

McLoughlin lost control of his pharmacies. United Drug own his business name and control the chemist in the shopping centre.

So McLoughlin went and set up the new place and most of his staff from the old Westside branch left to join him on his new venture. Best of luck to him, always liked the staff there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was up outside it, last saturday, and spotted the two communication posts, much in line with what you would see outside a drive in..

Advertisement