Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses on the back road from Maynooth to Dunboyne

Options
  • 01-05-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

There seem to be a lot of ex-Dublin buses travelling the back road from Maynooth going towards Dunboyne. There never really seems to be any one on them. Anyone any idea why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ive seen them en masse at pace m3 train station. No idea why though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

are the the buses for the park/ride being used by Intel during construction ?

Theres a fleet of bendys for that I think. Might be both though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw them too they are yellow and red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

MYOB wrote: »
    Theres a fleet of bendys for that I think. Might be both though

I think the bendy buses come from across the road from Intel to ferry construction workers to/from the car park there, but the red and yellow ones come from further afield, but they are going to/from Intel too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The bendy buses are for the car park across the road from Intel, and the double deckers are coming to Intel from M3 Pace. It's painful being stuck behind them every day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

The bendy buses are for the car park across the road from Intel, and the double deckers are coming to Intel from M3 Pace. It's painful being stuck behind them every day now.

Do they go direct or do they stop along the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Direct. It appears to be a park and ride system for workers. A Section of the car park appears to be cordoned off for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Curiosity satisfied!

Pity though, I was hoping that it may have been Dublin Bus testing a bus link between Maynooth and Blanchardstown, which would have been handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Curiosity satisfied!

Pity though, I was hoping that it may have been Dublin Bus testing a bus link between Maynooth and Blanchardstown, which would have been handy

don't be silly , DB believe everyone either travels in or out of Dublin.....

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

if you are driving between maynooth-dunboyne at 6pm you are sure to see them - or in my case, get stuck behind them as they trundle along at 50kph in what is almost entirely an 80kph zone - Almost without fail there is a convoy of cars stuck behind them - and there is only a very limited amount of spaces where you could safely overtake a bus.

If anyone of the bus drivers reads this - could you please show some courtesy to other road users and let built up traffic get past you (ideally at the long stretch of wide road just after the dunboyne roundabouts - or alternately, try to drive to the conditions of the road (which are easily capable of at least 70kph (even for an aul Dublin bus)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I meet them every morning going and every evening coming home from work. they are painful and are ridiculously bad at indicating! you know that really bad bend? (coming from Maynooth - you can turn right to go down to Kellystown) everytime I am stuck behind one, they always indicate... to go around a corner! Drives me potty!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Curiosity satisfied!

Ha, shur you can't even get from Leixlip to Celbridge on Dublin Bus, despite Leixlip being home of two of the biggest employers in the state. (Hence they provide their own bus services)

Bendy buses are from the Park & Ride in Leixlip for construction workers in Intel. The P&R is on the Maynooth road, just out a bit past Intel itself.

The double decker yellow and red buses seem to be coming from further afield, not 100% sure where, but they're also headed for Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

n97 mini wrote: »
    Ha, shur you can't even get from Leixlip to Celbridge on Dublin Bus, despite Leixlip being home of two of the biggest employers in the state. (Hence they provide their own bus services)

Bendy buses are from the Park & Ride in Leixlip for construction workers in Intel. The P&R is on the Maynooth road, just out a bit past Intel itself.

The double decker yellow and red buses seem to be coming from further afield, not 100% sure where, but they're also headed for Intel.

I saw the double deckers today (well one) and it had a sign for Dunboyne on it, it was heading towards Leixlip village passing intel. I'm assuming it's a further afield link for intel/hp staff

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

The council have let half the P&R car park to Intel for construction workers and the buses are ferrying people between there and the site. At least the car park is getting some use although someone posted here that temporary toilets had been installed on the only 2 electric charging spaces in the car park!

I've seen one chargepoint in use in the likely thousand plus times I've passed one. Not sure its a huge loss

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I don't think I've ever seen one in use but putting a toilet in front of it is a sure way of ensuring they're never used!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

They travel to Dunboyne train station

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shanleyp

thats really thick! lexlip louisa bridge station is right beside intel and more or less the same line as the m3 parkway! it must be just for parking at the m3 station that they are doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

shanleyp wrote: »
    thats really thick! lexlip louisa bridge station is right beside intel and more or less the same line as the m3 parkway! it must be just for parking at the m3 station that they are doing it!

Different train lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement