Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfly Hatch Reports

Options
  • 01-05-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi All,

can fellow fly fishermem please let us know when the hatch has started. I'm one who is usualy last to hear and miss the major action. I dont seem to get out as often anymore so I'm sure many more readers are in the same boat (pardon the pun!!). I generaly fish on L.Ree but have often fished on Mask, Conn , Sheelan etc.
    Much appreciated
    decdon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I imagine it will be very late this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mayfly very late alright. Olives are only just starting to hatch on Corrib, so mayfly will be another week or two I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

There's been a report today of some Mayfly spotted in the Oughterard Bay area. Only a couple so it will be much later than the last few years before the big hatches get going.

Anglers have reported a mix of Olives, Sedge and still some Duckfly continuing to hatch so things are still quite mixed up..!

Advertisement