Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rode Video Mic Pro

Options
  • 01-05-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭

I have this mic: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/744768-REG/Rode_VIDEOMIC_PRO_VideoMic_Pro_Compact_Shotgun.html

I just changed the 9v battery and there doesn't appear to be any power going to the mic. (no green light at the back). There is a very intermittent green light that appears for about the 10 seconds, then just dies again. But there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to why sometimes it does and doesn't work. I have managed to do test recordings in the tiny windows when the green light is on and the audio is recording perfectly.

I have also tried with another battery. Same issue.

Seems like the hallmarks of dodgy connection somewhere. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi B82,

I suppose first things first.
    Did it get a fall at any stage?

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi B82,

I suppose first things first.
    Did it get a fall at any stage?

IM

No. Well cared for and rarely used. Battery is always taken out when not in use, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

The only other I can think of offhand (apart from an electronic issue) is check the battery clip.
    The fact that the LED decays is a bit worrying though.
    I assume you've tried it with another camera.

IM

Advertisement