Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more help

Options
  • 01-05-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

If you were getting a tattoo what would you get?
    I have to do drawing for my portfolio and was looking a few ideas
    I would appreciate the help
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be perfectly honest, you may as well start drawing everything, in every style. Everyone is going to be looking for different things, in different styles. If you are going to be doing an apprenticeship, then you will need to develop a bit of artistic flair, so I'd recommend looking at lots of different tattoo sites, hell, even a google image search for tattoo, and trying first to draw up something similar, and then moving on to doing your own versions, your own interpretations of the ideas behind the tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

black lines, clear spaces, no colour, something like this or this, (just random google search)
    yeah they're easy to copy, but original designs in the same style would ba a place to start

to answer the question, wouldnt mind getting an Icarus tattoo, same style drawing as these wings, but totally different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Op, as a tattoo artist you'll need to be able to draw anything and everything. There's very little point in asking us, we can only provide you with a small cross section of idea's. Have a sit down and just draw whatever comes to mind.

Advertisement