Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in/for UL while studying?

Options
  • 01-05-2013 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

About to go back to do a masters as a (very) mature student in September. I'm involved in online work, and have worked onad campaigns for UL a few years ago when I worked with an agency.
    I am just wondering who should I get in touch with if I wanted to pitch the idea of me doing some work in/for UL while I'm there?
    Would it be by dept or is there a go to dept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There is so many different faculties, departments, research institutes, support services etc. at the university.

Some possible suggestions:

You could send an email via 'For Sale or Wanted' mailing list.
    Contact the secretary of each department or division within the university.
    Pay for an add in An Focal.
    Posters around campus.
    Word of mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm not yet a student. Any way I could get stuff posted up before September?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

It depends on what type of work you're seeking. If you're looking for specific suggestions you'd need to elaborate on what sort of work you're looking for.

Twould be online marketing (PPC, SEO etc....)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

I tried something similar when i went back to UL in IT. I contacted the IT Dept Head and explained my situation and he said that due to budget constraints they could not offer anyone work no matter how much they wanted to.

This was about 3 years back.
    best of luck.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see. That's fair enough, but I'll throw it out there anyways. You'd never know. I know outside agencies are/have been involved with the same type of work in UL, so will explore it...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

Try the marketing department, they might be looking for someone at the right time. I know they have had students do work for them in the past, not exactly sure what but it's worth a try.

Is there a "marketing department" though? Does it not go by faculty? Each one would advertise independently of the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is there a "marketing department" though? Does it not go by faculty? Each one would advertise independently of the other?

There is a university wide marketing department. They look after open days, UL promotions and other bits like this. I found this if it is of any use to you http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/676132870.pdf

Cheers. That's very helpful. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement