Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCulloch warranty repair - No response from customer service at all.

• 01-05-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Mods... not sure if this should be here or over at customer issues? please moved if needs be. Thanks.

I bought a McCulloch chainsaw in woodies about 14 months ago... i took it out to use at the start of last month to trim a few tree branches and the motor casing lit up like a ring of electrical arcing... (its an electric promac 2200) and has now stopped working altogether.

I was on the mcculloch .ie website... and the only way i could contact them is via an online contact form that emails off to them. Problem is that i contacted them twice now via that form about the problem (Which in my opinion is quite serious if a product is arcing inside the housing after only 10 hours use up on it in its life) and in the past month i have had no contact from them. Woodies did tell me that their return window was 12 months from date of sale, so its mccullochs i have to deal with. I am almost certain that it has a three year warranty... but again i cannot check this as they dont get back to me.

There also does not seem to be any irish contact numbers for them.

I bought a mcculloch chainsaw as the name means good quality in my mind, but i have to say im not impressed with the lack of customer service so far.

Anyone have any dealing with them or had experience on how to get a repair or replacement under warranty?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the warranty woodies offers is immaterial in the face of the law, which states that a good should last what would be considered a reasonable length of time - i.e. if you were told you could not expect more than 14 months use out of this product, you would not have bought it, you would consider that an unreasonably short time.

plus, your relationship is with woodies, not with mcculloch. you should go back to woodies and press this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

+1 what magic says, get straight on to woodies and don't take no for an answer.

Sale of goods act something or other lol

M.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thanks for that... i will call into woodies over the weekend so and state my case with them... suppose i might ask for a manager this time.

Advertisement