Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich 2nd Leg (RTE2 and SS1) KO 7:45pm

• 01-05-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Barcelona-FC-vs-FC-Bayern-Munchen.jpg

1st Leg: Bayern Munich 4 -0 Barcelona

Can Barcelona do the impossible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

YayaBanana wrote: »

1st Leg: Bayern Munich 4 -0 Barcelona

Can Barcelona do the impossible?

Nope, Bayern win on the night for me.

What could cost Bayern though is if a few of their players on yellows may not get in and around Barca to avoid picking up a card and missing the final.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Will Bartra start the game tonight for Barca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Six Bayern players are one yellow card away from missing the final (which is a stupid rule, but anyway): Lahm, Dante, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Gustavo and Martinez.

It'll be interesting to see how Heynckes sets his team up with this in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For Barca to get through in 90 minutes they need to win 5-0, unlike Real who needed 3-0 with away goal.

I can't honestly see them winning this match by 2 goals never mind by more.

Have to fancy Bayern to nick one. Will be interesting to see the atmosphere in this one if things don't go to plan for Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'm worried for the carded players.

Can't see a comeback though. Sure Bayern score just once and Barca need 6. Thank ****.

Looking forward to listen to Eamon Dunphy on how poor a CL final it will be what with two German sides.
    'I don't know much about Bayern Muenchick - is that what they're called - sure we all know German soccer is sh1te'.

• Advertisement

Bayern @ 3/1 is going to fall :)

Messi is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dante is out with flu. DvB replaces him.
    #Barcelona Valdés. D. Alves, Piqué, Bartra, Adriano. Song, Xavi, Iniesta. Villa, Fàbregas, Pedro.

.@FCBayern: Neuer-Lahm,Boateng, van Buyten, Alaba - Martínez,Schweinsteiger, - Robben,Müller, Ribéry-Mandzukic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Messi is on the bench.

Is he carrying a knock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bayern Munich were 2/1 to win on the night on PP at about 5pm.

Barcelona were 25/1 to progress to the final.

Both sound about right.

I pray to god that none of the Bayern players on yellow get banned from the final. The sooner that shítpot rule is done away with the better. I can understand someone who gets a straight red in the semi-final 2nd leg missing the final (maybe), but if a player gets booked in the Round of 16 first leg, then in the 2nd leg of the semi-final, they miss the final. Absolutely, totally and unbelievably unfair and harsh rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

For Barca to get through in 90 minutes they need to win 5-0, unlike Real who needed 3-0 with away goal.

Have to fancy Bayern to nick one. Will be interesting to see the atmosphere in this one if things don't go to plan for Barca.

When Torres got the goal last season to effectively send Barca out it was probably one of the best renditions of El Cant del Barça I've heard. Can't see the fans getting on the players back this season round considering they've a La Liga title to boot.

Messi not starting? Wow, things look bleak...er:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Barcelona drifting from 4/5 - 11/10 cause no messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Is he carrying a knock?
    Messi not starting? Wow, things look bleak...er:(

He's been carrying a hamstring injury for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Why did Barca risk Messi for 25 minutes last week if his injury is so bad?? He shouldn't have been anywhere near the Athletic match.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Bayern Munich were 2/1 to win on the night on PP at about 5pm.

Barcelona were 25/1 to progress to the final.

Both sound about right.

I pray to god that none of the Bayern players on yellow get banned from the final. The sooner that shítpot rule is done away with the better. I can understand someone who gets a straight red in the semi-final 2nd leg missing the final (maybe), but if a player gets booked in the Round of 16 first leg, then in the 2nd leg of the semi-final, they miss the final. Absolutely, totally and unbelievably unfair and harsh rule.

I've had oddschecker.com opened up here in a tab since after lunch time. Most bookies had them at 3/1 till 6pm. PP being PP (stingy) it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

People keep bringing up the Arsenal game but I think Bayern are too good for Barca at the moment, I can see them winning tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It'll be very interesting last time they took it rather well it must be said.
    The Sid. wrote:
    Something strange happened in the dying moments of the semi-final. Fernando Torres had just scored the goal that ended Barcelona's hopes of reaching the European Cup final, his eighth in 11 matches against the Catalans. Defeated by Real Madrid in the league, relinquishing the title, Chelsea had now knocked them out of the Champions League. In four days, Barça had lost virtually everything. But no one left and no one whistled; no one stayed silent. Instead, the chant went up. Soon it was going round right the stadium: Ser del Barça és el millor que hi ha! Being Barça fans is the best thing there is!

Source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm going to predict 2-0 to Bayern. I put €30 on them this morning so hopefully they come through.

They're just better IMO. Messi being out just makes them bigger favourites for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Real shame that Messi is missing, along with Busquets and Alba, making the chances 0.00001% to 0.000000000001%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lahm and schweinsteiger need to be careful tonight as there on yelloews, would hate to see em miss the final

How many times will they show Messi on the bench sweepstake before he's brought on? I'm going with 13. He's been showed twice already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The first game in about 6 years I wanted Messi to score a few first half goals and the fecker has to be injured.

Errr okay Robben.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pedro needs to start doing what he used to do last season. Biggest disappointment for me this season, at least last season he was running at the opposition..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The whole Barcelona v Bayern Munich tie has reminded me of Rocky IV with Barcelona being the previously dominant Apollo Creed and Bayern Munich, Ivan Drago. It has made for equally unnerving viewing seeing Barcelona being smashed around the ring.

Lets hope Dortmund can play the role of Rocky Balboa in the final!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Alves should have went for goal on his own !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

CSF wrote: »
    The whole Barcelona v Bayern Munich tie has reminded me of Rocky IV with Barcelona being the previously dominant Apollo Creed and Bayern Munich, Ivan Drago. It has made for equally unnerving viewing seeing Barcelona being smashed around the ring.

Lets hope Dortmund can play the role of Rocky Balboa in the final!!!

Surely you could have squeezed in a "ADRIANO" reference. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Bah, get some shots off ffs.

adox wrote: »
    Surely you could have squeezed in a "ADRIANO" reference. :pac:
    With Andersonisgod playing the role of Creed's grieving family...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is anything happening?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Is anything happening?
    Lots of decent but ultimately fruitless Bayern counters. Not much from Barca.

Is anything happening?

Nope its a very quiet game Bayern have had one or 2 chances but their play has been abit sloppy .

That was an excellent tackle by pique

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Is anything happening?

Barca stalking Bayern, ready to pounce.

Barcelona need to do abit more of what Pedro did there and take a shot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Bayern are making all the good play. Aesthetically pleasing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This is utter ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Barca's passing is muck at times. Giving it away far more than they normally do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Despite Barcas huffing and puffing you do feel its only a matter of time before Munich score.

Anyone wrote: »
    Barca's passing is muck at times. Giving it away far more than they normally do
    Probably more to do with Bayern than Barca. Alot easier to pass the ball around when the other team sets up 2 banks of 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone else sick of the exaggerated rolling around after any tackle from Barca?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

One of the reasons I'm delighted they're down 4-0

Munich have massively trumped barcas system here, fabregas is having a poor game too. Cant believe how heavy songs first touch is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Not just Barca, I'm sick of it in football in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not just Barca, I'm sick of it in football in general.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

It's sad, Barca can't even pass the ball anymore. They need a defence and a manager desperately. There isn't even any hope for them if they continue like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Really disappointing from Barca. They just don't like they're going to do much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Rezident wrote: »
    It's sad, Barca can't even pass the ball anymore. They need a defence and a manager desperately. There isn't even any hope for them if they continue like this.

Yes id hate to be winning the league

While they have Messi any flaws will be overlooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Spanish football, eh? Best in the world :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No hope for them and they miles clear of La Liga and losing to one of the best Bayern Sides in years at the Semi final of the Champions league , Yeah clearly no hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fabregas is muck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement