Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich 2nd Leg (RTE2 and SS1) KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Not just Barca, I'm sick of it in football in general.

Same as, it's pathetic. The Germans have spent a lot of the tournament diving too, as have madrid and seemingly everyone else. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Some really bad decision making from Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

This reveals the truth that Barcelona are a one man team and are not the greatest team of all time

No where to hide against Munich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Barca always had something about them under Pep. With Tito I've seen them clueless a couple of times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Rezident wrote: »
    Same as, it's pathetic. The Germans have spent a lot of the tournament diving too, as have madrid and seemingly everyone else. It's embarrassing.

Sure at the weekend the ball hit Sczeshney in the side of the face and he went down for treatment just so it would kill United's attack. Every single team is guilty of it and football is becoming a less contact sport by the week. its pathetic.

EDIT: alves fouls Bastian, Alves goes down "injured". Fúck football anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

This reveals the truth that Barcelona are a one man team and are not the greatest team of all time

No where to hide against Munich

Yep, and without that team that one man wouldn't be half the player he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bunch of ladyboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Did alves seriously think taking to the ground would save him from a booking ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a pathetic first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Rezident wrote: »
    It's sad, Barca can't even pass the ball anymore. They need a defence and a manager desperately. There isn't even any hope for them if they continue like this.

They have walked their league without a manager for most of the season, Copa Del Rey Semi finalists, and Champions League semi finalists.

Shocking team altogether.

Anyone wrote: »
    They have walked their league without a manager for most of the season, Copa Del Rey Semi finalists,

Highlights how poor a league the La Liga is

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's a big summer for Barcelona and that half only re-affirmed as such. Bartra is still young and his blooding into the first team hasn't been ideal but at the moment he looks out of his depth at this level. Song is average and not a Barcelona player while Fabregas has been poor, for the money Barcelona paid for him it is in big games like these where you expect him to make a difference but he hasn't.

I'm as happy as the next man to see Barca getting knocked out but there'e serious horseshít being spouted on this thread!

Barca are a one man team :o

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Time for all the people who continually criticise Barca for diving to do the same for Bayern. They remind me of a Mourinho team.

• Advertisement

Lol, have you watched any of it?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

tumblr_mc02okU8Pf1rir4jgo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not really.
    Eh a Spanish team is losing a match, of course its crap. Do you not know how internet forums work on the night of a big match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

It's a big summer for Barcelona and that half only re-affirmed as such. Bartra is still young and his blooding into the first team hasn't been ideal but at the moment he looks out of his depth at this level. Song is average and not a Barcelona player while Fabregas has been poor, for the money Barcelona paid for him it is in big games like these where you expect him to make a difference but he hasn't.

I really wouldn't be having a go at youg Bartra he could become a great player over time . I agree with you on song and fabregas they really stand out like sour thumbs in the Barcelona team .

• Advertisement

Lol, have you watched any of it?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not sure if Alves will resume the second half it looked like he twisted his knee. His ankle wasn't exactly in a nice stance either. Deserved Yellow.

RTE are awful. Bayern have been ok so too have Barca, but on balance I'd say Barca are on top here. No penetration but they were getting more and more space as the half wore on. Which is what Ribery was ticked about. No double cover for him on Alves.

Piques showing he can tackle after either himself or Andriano continuously get dragged out of position. (To be fair that's more Andriano's fault and their combination so far is quite good)

Ribery and Martinez are my players of the match so far. Excellent positioning and tackling. Martinez is bossing Iniesta (again!).

I don't know why Alexis isn't playing himself and Fabregas have a much better understanding. Villa and him just aren't even near the same frequency or wavelength.
    Fascinating game so far, but oh so very boring drama wise.

Yes

Makes your comment even more strange then.

Just a query....have you been asleep for the last 10 years or have you missed Spanish domination of football over that time?

Yes

Why do you watch it if it's crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Yep, and without that team that one man wouldn't be half the player he is!

Cos hed be really small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Screw this,I'm going for a walk.

Why do you watch it if it's crap?

El Clasico

El Clasico

So you dont watch the Spanish League, you watch Barca vs Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

El Clasico

Is that it ? Thats not a whole lot of La Liga watching in fairness they only play each other a few times a year .

So you dont watch the Spanish League, you watch Barca vs Real.

That game is part of the Spanish leagues fixture list, which means I do watch some of the games in La liga

• Advertisement

Bastion schweinsteiger, big strong man, falling over like a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

WTF was Valdes doing, kicked it to noone

Game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great finish by Robben.

Bye bye Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Some finish.

Bayern should sub some of their players on yellows now.

Great defending by barca, you'd never expect robben to cut in on his left foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That was a great goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Barcelona = ordinary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

ROBBEN!!! Hasta la Vista Barca! Super Bayern!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pretty poor defending though...Robben does exactly the same thing he does every time, and the defender is still caught with his weight on the wrong foot.

That game is part of the Spanish leagues fixture list, which means I do watch some of the games in La liga

So the whole league is crap based on your viewing of 2 games. Good man.

So is that one game you watch bad enough to be able to call La Liga crap? Funny that, most El Clasicos I've seen have left me thinking the opposite.

8698981587_7288382514_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Didn't really make any difference.

It's clear that Barca just don't have the wherewithal to score against this Munich side and certainly not 4 times.

With or without Messi.

By any metric they're still a very good team but they're a shadow of the team from 2 years ago.

So the whole league is crap based on your viewing of 2 games. Good man.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Barca are a one man team :o
    I think it's a case of a golden generation of footballers (Xavi, Puyol, Dani Alves, Villa) who are coming to the end of their era.

Whoever is in charge of Barca next season, I wonder will they be willing to make the kind of changes that Guardiola did when he took the reins. A lot of people thought he was nuts when he ditched the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco, and Samuel Eto'o.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    8698981587_7288382514_o.gif

Thats Robbens whole footballing career in one gif :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
    I think some of your posts have suggested that is actually not the case...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement