Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich 2nd Leg (RTE2 and SS1) KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Piqué is the only Barca player who can walk off that pitch who put in a shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

This is actually humiliating now. I know the Barca heads dropped completely after the first goal but still...

I wonder what the Barca record is like without Messi in the last 4 years?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oat23 wrote: »
    :D Lovely

Should have done a correct score :(

I should be happy, but am ruing not putting more on this :P
    Large stake in footy is equivalent of a small stake in basketball for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Christ, this is an embarrassment. Amazing really, they looked like the best team to ever play the game a couple of years ago, they look like a bunch of mugs at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

How much did Arsenal get for Song again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

This is highly enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

madcabbage wrote: »
    God ya really have to feel for any team when they're getting beat by this much! :(

Yeah particularly when they are the best team of all-time, and when one of the top centre backs in the world scores an own goal.

Feel so sorry Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Xavi's passing accuracy was 98% compared to Schweinsteiger's 76%. Thats got to put Barca through on aggregate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

DenMan wrote: »

15 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

DenMan wrote: »

15 Million Pounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    This is highly enjoyable.

This.

I wonder will they turn the sprinklers on again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I should be happy, but am ruing not putting more on this :P
    Large stake in footy is equivalent of a small stake in basketball for me.

I only put a €30 single on, I had Müller anytime in the bet slip like last week but I took it out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

the_monkey wrote: »
    I'm absolutely LOVING this :D:D:D:D:D

As am I!!!!!

Delighted that the one dimensional, tedious Barca style has finally been exposed. Being thoroughly outplayed and still trying to walk the ball into the net. Laughable.

Bayern just scored from a ball crossed into the box. That's right Barca, we know you don't know what that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah particularly when they are the best team of all-time
    They clearly aren't though. Their dominance lasted all of 3 years. Those superlatives were very very premature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

The Barca haters are loving it. Sad people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Where's your MESSI-ah now??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Next goal wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

its ok they are winning the passing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

madcabbage wrote: »
    God ya really have to feel for any team when they're getting beat by this much! :(
    No, not for Barcelona whose style of play is to piss off the opposition into submission with all their passes.
    And not for a team who are proclaimed as being the best ever but when they miss just one player they manage a 7goal aggregate loss(so far) and have barely had a decent chance in 170+ minutes (so far)

No, no sympathy from my quarters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, hopefully this defeat makes people too ashamed to ever dare suggest this was the greatest club side of all time. One of the great club sides, but they were beatable like everyone else before them and probably everyone else to come after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

CSF wrote: »
    They clearly aren't though. Their dominance lasted all of 3 years. Those superlatives were very very premature.

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken :D

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, hopefully this defeat makes people too ashamed to ever dare suggest this was the greatest club side of all time. One of the great club sides, but they were beatable like everyone else before them and probably everyone else to come after.

This is not Guardiola's Barcelona, who were the best club side ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

grenache wrote: »
    As am I!!!!!

Delighted that the one dimensional, tedious Barca style has finally been exposed. Being thoroughly outplayed and still trying to walk the ball into the net. Laughable.

Bayern just scored from a ball crossed into the box. That's right Barca, we know you don't know what that is.

Its only taken 4 years of almost absolute dominance to do it. At its best it certainly wasnt tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Corholio wrote: »
    Its only taken 4 years of almost absolute dominance to do it. At its best it certainly wasnt tedious.

Absolute dominance?

Barcelona could have done with Yaya Toure lately. Guardiola made a strange decision to let him go.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    This is not Guardiola's Barcelona, who were the best club side ever.
    Can't have that. When he left they had won only a Copa Del Rey in his final season with them. 3 years of dominance does not deserve those kind of superlatives. Barca had the potential to be the best, but did not fulfill that potential. Bayern now have that same potential.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    The Barca haters are loving it. Sad people....

We don't hate Barca. Just tedious one dimensional football. Every time I watch them I find myself nodding off. So incredibly boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The organisation and effort of Ze Germans there for the last 5 mins has been incredible tbh.

Can't have that. When he left they had won only a Copa Del Rey in his final season with them. 3 years of dominance does not deserve those kind of superlatives. Barca had the potential to be the best, but did not fulfill that potential. Bayern now have that same potential.

For me it's on a peak for peak basis. If you're talking about a period of dominance, is it fair to assume you consider Messi a better player than Maradona?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The warning signs were there when a rag tag motley crew like Celtic beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to do a fair bit more before they have the same anything, nevermind potential.

How could anyone find Barca at their best were tedious. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Would have preferred Barca to have pulled back a few and then Bayern to break their hearts but this will do. The right teams are going to the final anywho.

Barcelona could have done with Yaya Toure lately. Guardiola made a strange decision to let him go.
    I'd agree with that. Guardiola's Barca in the 2 years Yaya was there was definitely a stronger unit then it was afterwards and Messi hadn't even reached his full potential in those 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Absolute dominance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Barca will be back again. Time for some good investment which is what Barca have lacked.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    For me it's on a peak for peak basis. If you're talking about a period of dominance, is it fair to assume you consider Messi a better player than Maradona?
    If Messi lost it all tomorrow though, he wouldn't go on to be considered the greatest player of all time.

Barca 's approach play has always been tedious. They pass the ball to death, there's never any variation in their play.

How could anyone find Barca at their best were tedious. Amazing.

This is an Irish forum, so not that amazing. Hardly the most cultured nation of football fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Would not see the Milan team of the 90s being outplayed like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I guess you could say munich are in kroos control

anyone?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Andersonisgod should be along any moment now.

tumblr_lx9ifmGWWf1r25dcg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

cson wrote: »
    This.

I wonder will they turn the sprinklers on again?
    "More than a club" eh? Tonight proves a lot. Barca are average at best without Messi, which is understandable given how good he is. Germany is the new powerhouse. And lastly, what a final it's going to be! Tis lovely to see Barca getting destroyed, I don't know how people enjoy their football so much. It's the scoreboard that counts, not the amount of possession you have.

Have to do a fair bit more before they have the same anything, nevermind potential.
    I dunno, for me this Bayern season has been even more impressive than Guardiola's first with Barca. Absolutely immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

I hope barca buy a defence this summer instead of buying more superfluous attacking midfielders. The manager also has to take some blame for the "organisation" or lack thereof, of the barca "defence", it's been atrocious for a fair while now. bayern Munich have given them a top class lesson in defending, I hope they learn from it because it's really sad to see such a great attacking side so utterly humiliated at home.

We don't hate Barca. Just tedious one dimensional football. Every time I watch them I find myself nodding off. So incredibly boring.

Football is about retaking possession, passing and creating goal scoring opportunities. If it was stoke style football I would understand. Every team plays their own one dimensional style!!!!

Football is about retaining possession, passing and creating goal scoring opportunities. If it was stoke style football I would understand. Every team plays their own one dimensional style!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hate that stupid song!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

klose wrote: »
    I guess you could say munich are in kroos control

anyone?
    I'd say they are in Seventh Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Long ball to a lone big striker is what I'd call one dimensional. Despite this utter humiliation, Barcelona play anything but one dimensional football. Anyone who claims otherwise is being silly IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement