Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Bayern Munich 2nd Leg (RTE2 and SS1) KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Absolute dominance?

Selective word choosing there, the word almost is there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Would not see the Milan team of the 90s being outplayed like this

Relevance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Hate that stupid song!,

For some reason it gets in my head, and I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Just mentioned on RTE, biggest defeat on aggregate score in Champions League history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

cson wrote: »
    Relevance?

A Team others see as one of the greatest ever

aahhhh Savicevic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

daRobot wrote: »
    For some reason it gets in my head, and I hate it.

I thought they only played it everytime they slaughtered a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Dunphy WTF :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh shut up Eamonn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Shut up Dunphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Haha dunphy would ya go way

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

cson wrote: »
    Relevance?

Answers the question of the greatest team of time,

Milan of the 90s

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Dunphy on the sauce again it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Eamon talking ****e again! Such a dunce! 'Expert' of the Spanish league! Yeah right!!!

What eamon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can someone tell us what Dunphy said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Eamo doing his best to show some faux outrage over nothing.

Good old Eamo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dress rehersal is on sat. night for those interested - they play each other in the Bundesliga...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well, hopefully this defeat makes people too ashamed to ever dare suggest this was the greatest club side of all time. One of the great club sides, but they were beatable like everyone else before them and probably everyone else to come after.

Ridiculous. Of course they were beatable. Nobody ever suggested they were unbeatable. But they won an awful lot and played fantastic football that I personally used to revel in watching. Unfortunately they are not at the same standard in the last year or so imo but it doesn't change the pleasure I have gotten from watching these guys over the last few years.

I don't support them but I support any team that tries to play good entertaining football no matter who they are. Dortmund and Bayern play great exciting football and I enjoy watching them but it doesn't change what has gone before or negate what Barcelona have done up to now.

It does mean of course that in 5 years time if Dortmund or Bayern have been winning all the major trophies the same begrudgers will be on here talking about how delighted they are to see them beaten no doubt singling out cheats who dive or waste time as a way to cover up their own bitterness that their own team hasn't been the one winning everything.

Oat23 wrote: »

Says it's a disgrace to compare Bayern to this Barca team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dress rehersal is on sat. night for those interested - they play each other in the Bundesliga...

None of them will be playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but fair play Eamo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    "More than a club" eh? Tonight proves a lot. Barca are average at best without Messi, which is understandable given how good he is. Germany is the new powerhouse. And lastly, what a final it's going to be! Tis lovely to see Barca getting destroyed, I don't know how people enjoy their football so much. It's the scoreboard that counts, not the amount of possession you have.

Agree with Germany being the new force. Brady said it there re Bayern. Their style is super to watch; powerful, technical, physical and the teamwork is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

grenache wrote: »
    We don't hate Barca. Just tedious one dimensional football. Every time I watch them I find myself nodding off. So incredibly boring.

Speak for yourself !!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

At least RM put put some fight last nite , brutal from Barca tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fan ran onto the pitch to celebrate with Bayern, got tackled by security and Ribery went over and gave him his jersey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

That he doesn't wanna hear anything about Germans taking over the domination as it's an insult to barca, Bayern will never be barca, don't use the word "humiliation" as it's disrespectful and he "believes in" barca

Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Fan ran onto the pitch to celebrate with Bayern, got tackled by security and Ribery went over and gave him his jersey :)

Fair play to him, security guards get little thanks these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

11-0 aggregate against Juve and Barca. That's a great performance and the most complete team in the world.

Brady the only one talking sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    This is an Irish forum, so not that amazing. Hardly the most cultured nation of football fans.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hate that stupid song!,

It's a national anthem of sorts. No worse than our own.:pac:

Um, thought that was fairly cool the fans singing for the team in the last minute and after the game ended.

Really don't buy the whole Spanish thing being over. Barca's era as being the stand-out favourites maybe but Bundesliga and La Liga are still above the rest. I wouldn't say Bundesliga is above La Liga. But I would say Bundesliga is better run. La Liga is shooting itself in the foot. Terribly so!

I know Messi or Ronaldo will probably get the individual awards but Martinez has been outstanding this season. He has to at least get nominated.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

oh johnny and brady going at it, thats a rare occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Brady running rings round them and their spooferage

Since when is xavi 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Maybe I'm daft but I still fancy Dortmund to beat them.

So now he is saying their poor, make your mind up eamo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Dunphy obviously taking offence from George Hamiltons commentary, using words like humiliation etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is the funniest result in years. Delighted the final is Dortmund Munich instead of a petulant Madrid Barcelona divefest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

klose wrote: »
    Since when is xavi 34
    Thought that myself. Some spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone else think the imbalance of the tv money in Spain means less and less competition for the top 2 as the other teams can't afford the players to keep up with them?

And it's showing it's effects now.

kraggy wrote: »
    Anyone else think the imbalance of the tv money in Spain means less and less competition for the top 2 as the other teams can't afford the players to keep up with them?

Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

kraggy wrote: »
    All the other major Spanish clubs are practically bust (Valencia, Sevilla) from trying to keep up with them.

Is Barcelona football club folding or something, i get the vibe they are listening to eamonn there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

All the other major Spanish clubs are practically bust (Valencia, Sevilla) from trying to keep up with them.

Thus Barca and Real only have 2 seriously challenging league games a la SPL until last year.

Feeling the strain in Europe now.

• Advertisement

Itll be hilarious if Guardiola plays the 'tedious' style of football at Bayern. How long till they'd be 'found out'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I only got to see the very end of that game and clearly Barca were well beaten again tonight. Its sad to see that I think but it will be interesting to watch this Bayern team over the next couple of years. I don't think Barca are finished by any means, they still have the greatest player in the world and its likely Neymar is going to join them soon. They just need to sort out that defense imo.

This thread tonight is a good one to find the people you want to put on ignore imo. Its the haters I'm talking about. Imo if you love football then you could not possibly hate this Barca team with all the wonderful football they have played over the last couple of years. I'm not a supporter of theirs but you couldn't help but be a fan of the way they dominated over the last number of years with the style of football they played.

I've been around to witness the great Liverpool teams, the great Milan team and others but the Barca team of the last five or so years is undoubtedly the greatest team to ever grace a field in my lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Heynckes is such a sportsman... just listening to his Interview on German TV, and he said that people should not read too much into it or write Barcelona off, as Barcelona missed some important players, and are still one of the best sides in the world. According to him they would not have dominated like that against a full strength Barca team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The Spanish league is just a glorified Scottish league. 2 competitive games in the league a year and about 4 or 6 el classicos annually. Like the old firms of old.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The Spanish league is just a glorified Scottish league. 2 competitive games in the league a year and about 4 or 6 el classicos annually. Like the old firms of old.

Because the German league is so close at the top?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement