Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an offer?

Options
  • 01-05-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Apologies all for what is going to sound like a ridiculously stupid question.

My mother is hoping to go to UCD to Arts as a mature student and I've just received a phone call from my Dada who's in a tizzy because they can't figure out whether or not she has received an offer or not. I'd be very grateful if someone could clear this up for me (and put them out of their misery!)

They received an email which contained the following (not very clear as it was all told to me over the phone):

A table with an update of application.

DN500-> Offer on the grounds of maturity subject to CAO (something)

DN501-> Offer on the grounds of maturity subject to CAO (something)

Sorry for the idiotic post and awful paraphrasing, my Dad's clarity drops considerably when he's crawling the walls!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

diddlybit wrote: »
    Apologies all for what is going to sound like a ridiculously stupid question.

My mother is hoping to go to UCD to Arts as a mature student and I've just received a phone call from my Dada who's in a tizzy because they can't figure out whether or not she has received an offer or not. I'd be very grateful if someone could clear this up for me (and put them out of their misery!)

They received an email which contained the following (not very clear as it was all told to me over the phone):

A table with an update of application.

DN500-> Offer on the grounds of maturity subject to CAO (something)

DN501-> Offer on the grounds of maturity subject to CAO (something)

Sorry for the idiotic post and awful paraphrasing, my Dad's clarity drops considerably when he's crawling the walls!

Haha I got the exact same message.. At first I was very confused so rang UCD but couldn't get tru.. I think It's safe to say that this is an offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Thanks Simon! Glad to hear that we're not the only confused people!

Thanks Simon! Glad to hear that we're not the only confused people!

Hahaha.. You should be celebrating now :P

Just had a chat with her on the phone, she's over the moon :)

Just had a chat with her on the phone, she's over the moon :)

That's gr8 :):) Me too :P

• Advertisement

Congrats to you too! You could end up being classmates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SpongeBob7658

UCD are already letting people know???? Well done Simon and Diddely's mom!! you must be over the moon!! are you not being called for interviews at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Congrats guys got that same email and confused the crap out of me and after hours I finally deciphered it plus looking at this

• Registered Users Posts: 22 calm_bull

what courses will you yous be doing? i was accepted for social science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ha! This happens every year! :D

Well done!

• Advertisement

calm_bull wrote: »

My mam is going to do Arts (probably English and History, she must be a masochist!)

Congrats to you too! You could end up being classmates :)
    haha thanks :P may bee

UCD are already letting people know???? Well done Simon and Diddely's mom!! you must be over the moon!! are you not being called for interviews at all?
    Yep :O Cheers.. So happy.. I didn't have to do any interview.. They take their MSAP results seriously.. Strange method :O

Shane 25 wrote: »
    Congrats guys got that same email and confused the crap out of me and after hours I finally deciphered it plus looking at this
    Cheers Shane :P

calm_bull wrote: »
    Well done that's wkd :O I'm going to do Italian and Spanish :P

Advertisement