Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm

Options
  • 01-05-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, due to a recent local burglary, I now must start setting my alarm at night. Does anyone know how to set it so just the windows and doors downstairs are set?

I have tried Clear Set Part Part, Clear Set Full Full but everytime I move under the sensor in the hall, the alarm goes off.

I have the manual but its no real use.

Thx in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you engineer access?
    If so enter command 30
    Press the zone number of the zone you want off in part set, press the zone type (Infred,Sensor ,Contact) & press set.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Number44

Hi Koolkid, no I dont have engineer access.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would need an engineer code to do this or else default & reprogramme the panel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

part set

part set

He needs to programme it up
    Number44 wrote: »

I have tried Clear Set Part Part, Clear Set Full Full but everytime I move under the sensor in the hall, the alarm goes off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

If you are stuck you could cover that pir with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mullingar magpie

Hi,

my panel is displaying "22 Call Engineer" since we had a power outage. User manual has no references to this, does anyone have an install manual to help me troubleshoot?

Probably an internal or external bell lost or disconnected.
    Do you have any smoke detectors?. If so it could be one of those as well.
    If you press clear set full it should give you more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Number44 wrote: »
    Hi, due to a recent local burglary, I now must start setting my alarm at night. Does anyone know how to set it so just the windows and doors downstairs are set?

I have the manual but its no real use.

Thx in advance

Another option would be to bypass the sensor when setting.
    It is such an easy panel to set up that doing a default would be the better option in the long run. Here is a link to the user manual off this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joed77

altor wrote: »
    Another option would be to bypass the sensor when setting.
    It is such an easy panel to set up that doing a default would be the better option in the long run. Here is a link to the user manual off this system.

Have you an installation manual, online some where ......
    Do you know how old the system actually is ......

Are there any available for testing purposes, with international numbers .....???

Sincerely,

Joe D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

joed77 wrote: »

Have you an installation manual, online some where ......
    Do you know how old the system actually is ......

Are there any available for testing purposes, with international numbers .....???

Sincerely,

Joe D.

Sent you a P.M re the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi does any now how or if you can add wireless sensors to a Astec 63dv alarm system. Thanks

Advertisement