Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner wont work

Options
  • 01-05-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I designed a Banner Ad on www.bannersnack.com.
    The banner works fine on my test page opening up a new window to view my website.

However I sent the banner up to the company wedsite where I am advertising on (.swf file) but my website loads within the banner frame and so my website is not on view.

I want to click the banner and it opens my website in a new window.

The site i'm advertising on says its an issue with my development but my test page works perfectly well.

I have the option on http://www.bannersnack.com/ to save the banner as .swf ; .gif or embedded (you have to pay for .gif or embedded)

Please help !

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

kbarnesie wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I designed a Banner Ad on www.bannersnack.com.
    The banner works fine on my test page opening up a new window to view my website.

However I sent the banner up to the company wedsite where I am advertising on (.swf file) but my website loads within the banner frame and so my website is not on view.

I want to click the banner and it opens my website in a new window.

The site i'm advertising on says its an issue with my development but my test page works perfectly well.

I have the option on http://www.bannersnack.com/ to save the banner as .swf ; .gif or embedded (you have to pay for .gif or embedded)

Please help !

Thank you

Sounds like you're missing a closing div tag or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Don't think it's a missing div, if he's sent the banner to another company to upload for him? So the website (your website) is loading within the banners frame, e.g. can you see the top part of your site?

If I have it right, and I might be reaching here a bit, plus I haven't registered with bannersnack, but maybe there's some kind of option to load in a URL when creating an ad? Seems strange, but it could have looked like a 'link to your site' box or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

might you be better off with a gif? .swf will immediately restrict views from a mobile audience

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kbarnesie

funkyflea wrote: »
    Don't think it's a missing div, if he's sent the banner to another company to upload for him? So the website (your website) is loading within the banners frame, e.g. can you see the top part of your site?

If I have it right, and I might be reaching here a bit, plus I haven't registered with bannersnack, but maybe there's some kind of option to load in a URL when creating an ad? Seems strange, but it could have looked like a 'link to your site' box or something.

Thx FunkyFlea,
    Yes you have it correct, my website is opening within the banner.
    At setup in BannerSnacks I am asked for an Action so I chose the following whiich I believe to be correct
    GoToUrl : www.mywebsite.ie
    Target : _Blank (options are _blank, _self, _parent and _top

Thank you

Thx FunkyFlea,
    Yes you have it correct, my website is opening within the banner.
    At setup in BannerSnacks I am asked for an Action so I chose the following whiich I believe to be correct
    GoToUrl : www.mywebsite.ie
    Target : _Blank (options are _blank, _self, _parent and _top

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Saved the banner as .gif and uploaded it.

Website still opens within the banner frame and therefore nobody can view it.

PLEASE HELP !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Do you mean that the banner displays ok on the page where it is supposed to, but that when you click the banner it doesn't navigate to the destination page, it keeps the original page and displays the destination page where the banner was?

You should be able to fix that by either setting the target to be _top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Like @stevenmu said. To break out of an iframe you must use target= _top or you said its a .swf if its any easier then editing that file, you could try putting the following into your <head section of the page hosting the file, like so...

<head>

<base target="_top">

</head>

It should attribute all href links to open on the same page.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Do you mean that the banner displays ok on the page where it is supposed to, but that when you click the banner it doesn't navigate to the destination page, it keeps the original page and displays the destination page where the banner was?

You should be able to fix that by either setting the target to be _top.

Yes when my banner is clicked, the destination page loads in the banner frame.
    I have target set to blank

Appreciate the help !!

Advertisement