Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners for under €50

Options
  • 01-05-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I want to get back into running (I was never a serious runner, but use to do 30 / 40 mins in the evenings). I need to get a pair of runners 'cause I don't have anything at the moment, but funds are fairly low at the moment. 'cause saving, saving, saving for hols. I know good runners are very important and a good investment, but I just can't spend that much at the mo!

Can anybody recommend something that would keep me going - just for light running a few evenings a week? Ideally I'd like to be spending around €30 if possible. I'm a size 5/6.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Hey all

I want to get back into running (I was never a serious runner, but use to do 30 / 40 mins in the evenings). I need to get a pair of runners 'cause I don't have anything at the moment, but funds are fairly low at the moment. 'cause saving, saving, saving for hols. I know good runners are very important and a good investment, but I just can't spend that much at the mo!

Can anybody recommend something that would keep me going - just for light running a few evenings a week? Ideally I'd like to be spending around €30 if possible. I'm a size 5/6.

Thanks!!

If you know what your gait is check out http://www.sportsdirect.com/ladies/ladies-running-shoes
    I'm pressuming your a lady by your shoesize,apologies if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thanks psychozeb - that site looks good! And yep, I'm a lady (most of the time :P).

I don't know my gait, so I probably should check that out first. Some nice looking runners on there though - thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Asics, Nike and Reebok all have discount stores in Kildare Village, again if you know your gait.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Also try www.sportsshoes.com, I recently got a fantastic pair of Brooks Green Silence for €40 with free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Also try www.sportsshoes.com, I recently got a fantastic pair of Brooks Green Silence for €40 with free delivery

on www.sportshoes.com, shop in Euros for free shipping. If you use GBP you'll pay P&P

• Advertisement

to work out your gait - this test is pretty accurate and you can do it at home.

http://www.trailspace.com/articles/wet-foot-test.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thanks guys - some good recommendations there. I'm going to get my gait checked over the weekend and will probably order online 'cause the prices are so good. The discounts in Kildare Village would be great, but I probably won't be able to get there anytime soon.

The wet foot test is cool! I know from footprints I've left around the place after a shower :P that I would be the middle one! Would a gait test in store tell me much more than that? If not, I could just order online tonight. Want runners now!!!

Thanks guys - some good recommendations there. I'm going to get my gait checked over the weekend and will probably order online 'cause the prices are so good. The discounts in Kildare Village would be great, but I probably won't be able to get there anytime soon.

The wet foot test is cool! I know from footprints I've left around the place after a shower :P that I would be the middle one! Would a gait test in store tell me much more than that? If not, I could just order online tonight. Want runners now!!!

would be surprised if it told you anything different. you're a neutral foot-striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

That's a great link there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The wet foot test is cool! I know from footprints I've left around the place after a shower :P that I would be the middle one!

A standing static test doesn't give you any information about how your foot works when you put running loads onto it.

There can be 2-3 times body weight forces on landing when running as opposed to walking or standing. Your foot is a dynamic series of joints that interact differently when moving.

Wet foot is a guide to your arch condition.

• Advertisement

A standing static test doesn't give you any information about how your foot works when you put running loads onto it.

There can be 2-3 times body weight forces on landing when running as opposed to walking or standing. Your foot is a dynamic series of joints that interact differently when moving.

Wet foot is a guide to your arch condition.

still arch will largely dictates how your running style will be. have you ever recommended someone with high arches a high stability motion control shoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

glasso wrote: »
    still arch will largely dictates how your running style will be.

I wouldn't agree.
    glasso wrote: »
    have you ever recommended someone with high arches a high stability motion control shoe?

People with high arches can show over pronation but this can be due to other factors too, foot locking, un locking.

Personally I would very reluctantly recommend high stabiliity control shoes for anyone as most people just need a little bit of guidance to help with tracking and slowing down the rate of pronation.

Every situation differs but in the main, as I mentioned above the wet test is a guide, not absolute.

Advertisement