Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting people in Waterford

Options
  • 01-05-2013 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, hope its alright to post this here but bacially I am from Waterford but went to boarding school in Dublin for most of it, now currently in collage in Dublin. My problem all my friends are mainly centred on Dublin or other aress in Ireland and I don't know anybody from Waterford, I go home most weekends although its pointless as I do nothing as I know nobody at home besides famil and older people. Anybody any advise on how/where to meet new people.
    Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

I joined scouts as a adult leader back in 2005. Love it. Its also great for meeting new people. If you join one of the bigger groups like De La Salle or St Pauls they have stuff on nearly every weekend.

If Scouts are not your thing I would follow up the advice above and suggest getting involved in some group whether its the arts, music, drama etc.

Get out get involved and you will meet loads of people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Hi, hope its alright to post this here but bacially I am from Waterford but went to boarding school in Dublin for most of it, now currently in collage in Dublin. My problem all my friends are mainly centred on Dublin or other aress in Ireland and I don't know anybody from Waterford, I go home most weekends although its pointless as I do nothing as I know nobody at home besides famil and older people. Anybody any advise on how/where to meet new people.
    Thanks for any advise.

I'm similar to yourself as in from Waterford and living in Dublin, except I went to school and college in Waterford and have now been living in Dublin a good few years and all my mates from college and school are gone, so going home is usually me chilling out doing a few bits n pieces around the house and rarely venturing into outside world.

As others have said, if you have any hobbies/interests etc, might be worth looking around down there to see if there are clubs or groups who you can meet at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Thanks for the replies, will look into it but generaly I'm just a very relaxed person and go with the flow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stjr25

Maybe you could set up a Facebook page or try to organise an open evening for people in the same boat

Advertisement