Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Irish Comprehensions

Options
  • 01-05-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

All three years I've been thought to answer the questions in the reading comprehension with quotes from the passage, it's what I've always been encouraged to do. When we started using the exam papers it says 'Bíodh na freagraí i d'fhocail féin, chomh fada agus is féidir leat', are they only saying that so you don't take a big chunk out of the passage that doesn't relate to the question or do you have to change the quote around a bit? My teacher is a bit useless so I'm not sure whether to trust her or not - GRMA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, essentially they mean don't just transcribe the chunk of text round one of the words in the question.
    They would love you to show you understood what you were being asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

MeAgain_11 wrote: »
    All three years I've been thought to answer the questions in the reading comprehension with quotes from the passage, it's what I've always been encouraged to do. When we started using the exam papers it says 'Bíodh na freagraí i d'fhocail féin, chomh fada agus is féidir leat', are they only saying that so you don't take a big chunk out of the passage that doesn't relate to the question or do you have to change the quote around a bit? My teacher is a bit useless so I'm not sure whether to trust her or not - GRMA

Same here, that's what my teacher brainwashed us into doing ._.. Good thing I copped on!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Honestly don't know how i made it so far in Higher Level Irish considering i never paid attention in Primary school and I only just started to learn for the first time this year.

Advertisement