Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Term contract

Options
  • 01-05-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

I currently work in the Public Sector on the fixed term contract, a date in sept 2013 is given as the end date in the contract but my employer wants to terminate my contract in 4 weeks time.
    It states that the unfair dismissals act will not apply to such termination but i figured that's only if they don't renew the contract.

I've worked here for just under 2 years on continuous fixed term contracts since i started.

so can they legally break my contract? i haven't done anything that would jeopardize my work, my managers are disgusted that HR are letting me go and they're all trying to fight for me.

Comments

Advertisement