Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Academy?

Options
  • 01-05-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,I'm going to We Are The In Crowd on Sunday and I want to queue early. Just want to know if you can bring a guitar and play a few tunes in the queue and is there anywhere you can put it in The Academy?
    Cheers,
    Jay. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well the queue for The Academy is Abbey St. so you be playing on the street outside the venue while you wait. They have a big cloak room downstairs for clothing and bags, etc. so one would assume that they will mind a Guitar for you too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Hi,I'm going to We Are The In Crowd on Sunday and I want to queue early. Just want to know if you can bring a guitar and play a few tunes in the queue and is there anywhere you can put it in The Academy?
    Cheers,
    Jay. :)

would be lucky to get someone to mind it in the cloakroom tbh, security prob wouldnt let you through with it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just an fyi also, there's really no need to queue up early for shows in the Academy, it's such a small venue that you'll easily get a good spot if you just show up a few minutes before doors open.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I just love the bant in the queue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I just love the bant in the queue. :)

Seems like the queue might be all you're going for. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you want barrier or to get a wristband for the balcony you generally need to queue though!

Especially for a gig where there's gonna be a lot of <18's who love queuing :D

True enough. I used to be all for the barrier but I'd rather spend an extra hour in the pub across the road having a few pints then standing in the cold so I can be a few inches closer to the stage :P

Having said that, I've found it's pretty easy to get a stamp for upstairs without prior queuing but I guess it depends on how popular the gig is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Queenie_Jet

Hi folks, heading up from the west for Michael kiwanuka tonight, I see 7.00 is the start time on the web,is this just a doors opening time, does anyone know the real start time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hi folks, heading up from the west for Michael kiwanuka tonight, I see 7.00 is the start time on the web,is this just a doors opening time, does anyone know the real start time?

Isaac Gracie 7.30pm
    Michael Kiwanuka 8.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

Am heading down to see feeder here tomorrow, is there any free parking near the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

JamieCarra wrote: »
    Am heading down to see feeder here tomorrow, is there any free parking near the venue?

on street parking is free after 7pm. You could try smithfield as its only a short walk to the venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Feeder were excellent at academy last night. Are an extremely tight live band. The break seems to have rejuvenated them. New album sounds very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Feeder were excellent at academy last night. Are an extremely tight live band. The break seems to have rejuvenated them. New album sounds very good.

Brilliant gig,Great crowd aswel,Great hearing new and old songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Yeah i was very surprised at the crowd. I've only missed one feeder show in Dublin. Was great to see a big turnout for them.

Advertisement