Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Missing Postman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

The following quote was placed on The Missing Postman page on facebook on the 27.4.2013 : The survey of the road at Ballyvoile using GPR and a magnometer took place today. The data will now be analyzed by Apex Geoservices. There will be no result for several weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

There's nothing really to see but if you are interested in area that was searched you can still see the red markings used to mark out the survey area on the road as you drive towards Ballyvoile (New) Bridge from the Dungarvan side. This OSI map is centred on roughly the area http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,633451,595689,7,9 .

They didn't as I first thought search one of the areas which is said to be where the body is buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

I always heard he was put into one of the mines in Bonmahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

The survey of the road at Ballyvoile using GPR and a magnometer took place today. (27th April 2013) The data will now be analyzed by Apex Geoservices. There will be no result for several weeks. Message on The Missing Postman Page on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

I have heard everything from it was the priest, the principal, the garda, the local IRA, or their equivilant... everything but alien abduction.

Maybe he's had his nuff of small town Ireland and slung his hook? Maybe his descendants are abroad somewhere having a great giggle about the knot the irish are tying themselves into, and wishing they had the rights to the book and the play?

More than himself went missing back then.

Time to grow up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

I have heard everything from it was the priest, the principal, the garda, the local IRA, or their equivilant... everything but alien abduction.

Maybe he's had his nuff of small town Ireland and slung his hook? Maybe his descendants are abroad somewhere having a great giggle about the knot the irish are tying themselves into, and wishing they had the rights to the book and the play?

Time to grow up!!

I find your comments are in poor taste and quite disrespectful. What a tragedy it must have been for his young widow and children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

Time to grow up!!

You clearly know nothing about the case and why it was so important for the fledgling Irish State. His descendants are still there.

I am a descendant of one of the main characters in this (not Larry Griffin) and it still causes grief , so please , have some respect.

I'd almost given up checking the Missing Postman Facebook page and only now have noticed a recent update. Nothing unexpected. Turns out it was more difficult to survey than expect with a less than 10% chance of spotting a body if it is there, nothing found so far so no point continuing with this type of search.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Will they search again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement