Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poetry

Options
  • 01-05-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can somebody please tell me what themes come up a lot to write on for higher level?! My teacher is stressing that we've not got enough done but the other class of higher don't have half as many as us done! I'm starting to panic because it's just over a month until the exam!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Uhm, theams don't really come up. I suggest learning Mid-term Break and Dulce Et Decorum Est, then you'll be fine. Learn the quotes and Universal themes etc. War usally comes up, a family etc. Both poems cover every team possible, so they're good choices besides learning 10s of peoms like other schools do :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Uhm, theams don't really come up. I suggest learning Mid-term Break and Dulce Et Decorum Est, then you'll be fine. Learn the quotes and Universal themes etc. War usally comes up, a family etc. Both poems cover every team possible, so they're good choices besides learning 10s of peoms like other schools do :3.

Your spelling is appalling :O but yeh i agree with you, my English teacher told us to learn 6 poems, i swear some teachers just don't have the passion to teach anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Your spelling is appalling :O but yeh i agree with you, my English teacher told us to learn 6 poems, i swear some teachers just don't have the passion to teach anymore.
    Can't be asked to edit XD.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

The irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

war
    nature
    love
    wishes
    decisions etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement