Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman address labels?

• 01-05-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

So I get a call from my parents back home that Mr Binman left some new bags on the bin. Checking them out reveals a spot which says to 'affix address label here'. Parents say this wasn't on the old bags.

Straight forward enough but... if you never got address labels to start with? Are they suppose to come in the post or....?:confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They can be gotten from the Mr Binman offices.

I'm not sure if many actually stick them on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

When I was with mr bm - they handed out labels and yes, there was always a spot on the bags to fix the labels to.

However, the girl in the office said that it's very rare for people to affix the labels. Normally they'd put them on bags that they were using for recycle that weren't mrbm bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

I suspected the folks never read the bags fully before hence why they think it might have been knew. They wouldn't be so bad to actually forget receiving labels hence why I'm wondering whether its an automatic issue via the post or does one have to drop by one of the Mr BM offices to grab em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

When you call in to pay your bin charges, you'll get a roll of bags and a couple of sheets of labels - one for each bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Seem to be clueless in mr binman. They are giving out recycle bins now but you still have to put your recyclables into a plastic bag and then into the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

I bought a bunch of bags years ago and never remember getting labels. mr Binman won't collect my bags now unless I put a green bag out with them.....What should i do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seem to be clueless in mr binman. They are giving out recycle bins now but you still have to put your recyclables into a plastic bag and then into the bin.

And if you put any rubbish into the recycling bin, they will just leave it in there until you have to take it out yourself!!

Clean Irl are much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got a letter from mr binman saying that we don't need to put the recycling into bags anymore, then they sent bags, so I rang them and they told me I needed to put recycling into bags. No mention of tags though

On a sidenote/rant, they rang me last night to find out how I was getting on with the service. Told them it was grand, suggested they send a text night before collection, as we are gone to every 2 weeks collection. Completely ignored that, then I asked them to confirm what actual day the bins get collected, "oh I wouldn't have a clue about that"
    At this stage I'm thinking, 'why are ye ringing me asking about the service if ye don't give a stuff?' Anyway they were actually ringing to ask me if I'd paid my bill, which I reckon I have, but they can't tell if I have, or how long I've been with them, or how much I owe.....[ /rant]

The bit in small writing should be bolded for their incompetence really!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

If you have the bags you can use them up by putting your recyclables in them and putting the bags into the bin but it isn't necessary. You just as easily put the recyclables straight into the blue bin. Not at all clueless!

If you put the recyclables into the blue bin - they wont collect them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Taceom wrote: »
    If you have the bags you can use them up by putting your recyclables in them and putting the bags into the bin but it isn't necessary. You just as easily put the recyclables straight into the blue bin. Not at all clueless!

Was told by Mr binman that everything inside the bin has to be in a bag. So yes very much clueless.

Now if by chance you work for Mr Binman and care to clarify the situation then please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

[QUOTE=

Now if by chance you work for Mr Binman and care to clarify the situation then please do.[/QUOTE]

I most definitely don't work for Mr. Binman. I live in Co. Clare and have been a customer of theirs for over 11 years. Only in the past few months have we been given a blue bin for the recyclables. Until then we used their bags. When my blue bin was delivered the delivery man told me that if I wanted to I could use up the remaining optibags by putting the rubbish into the bags and then into the bin, but it wasn't necessary.
    I would ring them to clarify what you've been told. Certainly it doesn't make sense to put the recyclables into a bag before you bin them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

It depends on the route and truck, some are capable of lifting the blue bin while other trucks still have the small compartment for bags only and therefore you have to put your bags into the bin but in time the need of the bags in the bins will be removed as the trucks are upgraded.