Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Banks, Direct Debit question

Options
  • 01-05-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hello my mother has car insurance with liberty. Back in December we had an issue with the Direct debit so I added it to my own bank of Ireland account.

However I have now changed to PTSB and completely forgot that they would switch my direct debits. The next payment is May 6th. This will be paid for normally but on the 10th May the direct debits will switch to PTSB. Should I be sending a letter to Liberty to ask to change my details? I am going to anyway just in case ;)
    The new direct debit from PTSB will be using my mums policy number/ref so it should pay right?
    I just don't want her to have late payments when I will gladly pay them over the phone if the PTSB does not work for some unknown reason. I am kinda scared of direct debits :( I really wish I could set this up as a standing order so it would be in my own control that way.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Thraxen wrote: »
    Hello my mother has car insurance with liberty. Back in December we had an issue with the Direct debit so I added it to my own bank of Ireland account.

However I have now changed to PTSB and completely forgot that they would switch my direct debits. The next payment is May 6th. This will be paid for normally but on the 10th May the direct debits will switch to PTSB. Should I be sending a letter to Liberty to ask to change my details? I am going to anyway just in case
    The new direct debit from PTSB will be using my mums policy number/ref so it should pay right?
    I just don't want her to have late payments when I will gladly pay them over the phone if the PTSB does not work for some unknown reason. I am kinda scared of direct debits  I really wish I could set this up as a standing order so it would be in my own control that way.
    Hi Thraxen
    Yeah that’s no problem we can change the account that your instalments are collected from. If you want to PM me your details I’ll get someone to contact you and arrange this for you.
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement