Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed re accommodation and parking for Shannon Airport

• 01-05-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi I am flying out from Shannon and can get a room in the Shannon court hotel at a good price. I can leave the car at my own risk free of charge. I have a few queries. Would this be fairly safe ? Would there be somewhere nice to have a meal close to the hotel. I was thinking of a B&B in Bunratty as this is a nice spot for an evening out. Does anyone know if any B&B would let you leave a car for two weeks. It will cost us 8 euro each way for taxi from court hotel would Bunratty be similar ? I have looked at the park inn which is close to the airport but I could park at the airport for the same as they charge to leave car and I am not sure if the hotel is nice or not. Are there any other options to look at ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Food in Bunratty tends to be overpriced and slap up tourist quality so nothing to get excited about.

There is a bar / restaurant in Shannon shopping centre called Zest which is better priced and higher quality.

It should be safe enough to park your car in Shannon or surrounding area, its not known for car theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Food in Bunratty is good. JP Clarkes recently won the best gastro pub food in the county. The Bunratty Manor and Gallaghers are also top class. Durty Nellies is ok too and a bit of craic to be had in the bar sometimes.
    I'm sure you will have to call the b&b and ask them about leaving the car.
    The airport car park will cost you €100 for 2 weeks.
    Maybe stay in Bunratty, leave the car there if possible and get a taxi to and from the airport. That's what I would do anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Bunratty Castle Hotel do an airport shuttle service.

I've eaten in Durty Nellies, the Castle Hotel and JP Clarke's within the past month and on every occasion every person's meal was top notch, couldn't find fault with any of them, I've eaten in the Creamery a few times as well, that's great also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

finbarrk wrote: »
    Food in Bunratty is good. JP Clarkes recently won the best gastro pub food in the county. The Bunratty Manor and Gallaghers are also top class. Durty Nellies is ok too and a bit of craic to be had in the bar sometimes.
    I'm sure you will have to call the b&b and ask them about leaving the car.
    The airport car park will cost you €100 for 2 weeks.
    Maybe stay in Bunratty, leave the car there if possible and get a taxi to and from the airport. That's what I would do anyway.

Not quite right. On www.shannnairport.com the is a link on the right of the page with special offers and one of them is buy 1 weeks car parking and get the second week free, so 45 euros for 2 weeks car parking. However, still probably cheaper to get the taxi but at least when you land the car is there right outside the terminal, not even a shuttle bus required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

Thanks for the info. I will go with a b&b in Bunratty. The offer on the airport parking is good a taxi will cost €20 return anyway so for the convenience it will be handy to have car there

• Advertisement
Advertisement