Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help would be appricated :)

Options
  • 01-05-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi I got an email off of U.C.d and I am not sure If it means I actually got accepted the wording of it has just thrown me a bit here is what was sent to me.

Dear Shane

Further to your CAO application for admission to UCD on grounds of mature years, the table below shows the current status of your application for each course to which you have applied.

NB. Please note that as you are over 23 years of age, your application has been automatically assessed for entry on the grounds of mature years. Applicants who have submitted copies of their School Leaving results will be considered on that basis in August, in competition with other applications and in accordance with CAO procedure, when the results of the current year’s school leaving exams are known.

DN500 Offer on the grounds of mature years (subject to CAO procedure).

Offer on grounds of mature years (subject to CAO procedure) :
    This means that the official offer will be issued through CAO provided that that this choice remains on your CAO form and you do not receive an offer of a higher preference course on your CAO form.

It is anticipated that official offers will issue via CAO on 5 July with a reply date of 11 July. If you expect to be away from home at that time, you should arrange for someone to deal with your correspondence on your behalf or accept online at www.cao.ie.

Places which have not been accepted by the reply date will be offered to other applicants in later rounds.

To ensure that mature students entering UCD feel comfortable with their academic writing skills and with UCD’s student services and campus environment, all entering mature students will receive an invitation to attend a pre-enrolment Critical Writing Academy and the Access Centre Orientation Day for Mature Students from the Mature Students advisor Mr. Ronan Murphy.

Access Centre Mature Student Adviser

Room G101, Newman Bldg.

T: 01 716 8245

E: Ronan.Murphy@ucd.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

As far as we can tell (Mam got one too!) it means you're in! Subject to CAO - so if Arts was your no. 1 choice you have passed UCD criteria and you'll get a CAO offer in July or whenever. If however it was your number 2 and you later get your number one choice the CAO will only offer you choice number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Thank you so much I am so happy It was my number one choice.Finally college Congradulate your mam to !!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Huge congrats to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Congrats on your success! UCD just like to give you a mini heartattack before starting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shane 25

Really made my day When I found out having been dumped earlier in the day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Onwards and upwards - it's a new life for you :)

Advertisement