Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking with Dinosaurs The 3D Movie!

Options
  • 01-05-2013 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭

Can´t wait to see this in the big screen! Reminds me a lot of Disney's Dinosaur, but with normal-faced dinos :pac:

Take a look, the animation is pretty good:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can't help but shake the feeling that it's a lot like March of the Dinosaurs, but hey dinos on a big screen in 3D? Who am I to refuse?

http://www.krank.ie/category/sci/trailer-walking-with-dinosaurs-3d/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EdgarFriendly

It's coming out this time next month. Looking forward to it :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did anyone go see this?

I just saw a trailer on TV and the Dinos were talking? Didn't think it was that kind of film, or is it just a marketing ploy to get kids in the door?

Looks like it's turned out to be pretty much a kids film.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like it's turned out to be pretty much a kids film.

I'm nearly sure the dialogue I heard in the TV trailer was from Disney's Dinosaur. Looking at the trailer Adam posted above I actually don't think the dinos in this talk.

• Advertisement

That looks horrendous, fairly obvious it's been tacked on at the last minute too. I knew it was going to have some sort of plot but there was no need for dialogue.

Hopefully when it makes it to DVD you can still watch it without that crap.

Dialogue seems very tacked on at the last minute. Disappointing.

They should have made a director's cut, with narration rather than talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I haven´t seen it but yeah, apparently some of the dinos do talk... and not even all of them. I heard only the main characters talk, and only when they're "kids"- once they grow up they somehow lose the ability.

Honestly I still want to see this but I know it won´t be as great as it could have been, if they had opted for a Quest of Fire kind of thing- no dialogue, just let the images tell the story. It could've been spectacular, but now I have very low expectations for it :(

• Advertisement

It really looked like a Quest For Fire kind of angle for a while. Disappointing that they chickened out. I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow so expect my barely literate rant review in time for Xmas.

Saw it today. Not great. Not great at all.

Kids like their movies to be a little bit scary. These are the films that stick with them for years to come. That’s why The Land Before Time is so fondly remembered and Walking With Dinosaurs 3D is destined to be forgotten as a cinematic also ran.

Truer words never been spoken.

Kind of ironic how they put so much effort in making the dinos look "accurate" (gosh, how I've come to despise that word), yet they can´t achieve what Land Before Time did so many years ago, and with none of the scientific rigour.
    I'm hearing the movie actually stops whenever a new dinosaur appears, to show a sort of fact file with the dinos' name, name meaning and other stats. Way to ruin a film's pace if that's the case.

Yeah, it's quite cringey. A child's voiceover says the dinosaur's name, what it means and if they were carnivore, herbivore or omnivore. They all sound like they're reading from cue cards to. John Hurt in Planet Dinosaur it aint!

Will we ever get one narrated by Sam Neill? :pac:

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Will we ever get one narrated by Sam Neill? :pac:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304766/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Advertisement