Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern München vs Borussia Dortmund - UCL Final 12/13 - k/o 7:45pm

• 01-05-2013 10:05pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

BJNUQBACMAENCWN.jpg:large

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone have the line-ups? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In before the temporary lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

playing each other saturday in the league.

does that get a thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

In before beach towel joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

In to say Dortmund were classified as home team in the draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Footballs coming home!

Or as the original song went:

Fußball kommt nach Hause.

Bayern deserve this one. Hope Dortmund don't spoil the party or I will be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Should be a cracking final, two teams that will both want to win with attacking football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bayern due a win in a CL final. Hard to see past them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll just leave these here for awhile.......way to early for a thread though.

SKU_13019_SB50189.jpg

417dHU7tirL._SY750_.jpg

News that Mario " Traitor " Gotze is out.

Rather convenient IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Bayern to bottle another final, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bayern to steam roll Dortmund is far more likely. This won't be won by the hipsters choice.

mike65 wrote: »
    Bayern to steam roll Dortmund is far more likely. This won't be won by the hipsters choice.

Agreed, hard to look past a Bayern win here. I'm going to say 3-1 Bayern in 90 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

While I like Lahm and Scheweinsoigher, Bayern as a club seem to be quite unlikeable. Can't really put my finger on it but they kinda rub me up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

4-1 Dortmund.

tumblr_mls9eeMe2W1rl0zk3o1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

While I like Lahm and Scheweinsoigher, Bayern as a club seem to be quite unlikeable. Can't really put my finger on it but they kinda rub me up the wrong way.

Because they try to buy up all the talent around them. They've done some serious business over the past two years Dante, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, Javi Martinez, Neuer, Boateng and now Gotze too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think it would be hilarious if Robben bottled it again costing Bayern the match.

But I really don't care who wins as long as we see a bloody good final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I expect Bayern to win, but I'll be cheering for BVB.
    Because they try to buy up all the talent around them. They've done some serious business over the past two years Dante, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, Javi Martinez, Neuer, Boateng and now Gotze too.

If people go back to when Bayer were doing well 10-12 years ago, see where their best players ended up. Ze Roberto, Lucio, Ballack etc. Bayern raided them after they finished above them in the BL and reached the CL final. It's annoying, but sure if they have the money they can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm getting married on the Saturday but will be hoping that Dortmund do them I like the way Bayern play I love the way Dortmund play it's a shame that they can go and raid the leagues but thats what buying power and a 468 million revenue steram in 11/12 can do for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As a fan of 1860 Munich and firm believer in Anyone but Bayern, I hope Dortmund win.

It won't happen though. Dortmund have shown weakness in the semi final and quarter final handling the occasion. 2-0 or 3-0 to Munich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

That and their whole holier than thou attitude with regards to finances and the likes. Yeah, it's a pity that not everyone can be from Bavaria.

Always used to like Dortmund as a kid because of their jersey (I used to have this luminous yellow Fila top, Christ) and I'm on the Dortmund loving bandwagon at the minute. Hopefully they can do it. I don't even dislike Bayern despite what I said above, I just much prefer Dortmund and the Professor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Gotze is out injured so that takes away one of the more interesting back stories to the game.

I expect to see a lot of Dortmund "fans" come out of the woodwork for this one.

Hope Bayern finally add another Champions league title to their collection. It's been too long since the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who'll play instead of götze so? Move gundogen up further and play sahin or kehl beside bender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

klose wrote: »
    Who'll play instead of götze so? Move gundogen up further and play sahin or kehl beside bender?

Just wrote this in the bundesliga thread but I just assumed it would be Grosskreutz. Started the last 4 league games, playing the full 90 in 3 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just wrote this in the bundesliga thread but I just assumed it would be Grosskreutz. Started the last 4 league games, playing the full 90 in 3 of them

He started out wide with Reus moving to the middle. I think they'll line up like this.

Kuba --- Gündogan --- Reus

Lewy

With Kehl or Sahin in DM replacing Gündogan.

They may well play with Reus replacing Götze and Grosskreutz on the left, but he hasn't had a great season and this is the CL final. Get your best players in the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Usually the team who wins this trophy has a defining moment along the way and I have a feeling that late Dortmund goal against Malaga will see them lift it this year.

Costinha v Man Utd
    Gerrard v Olympiakos
    Scholes v Barcelona
    Iniesta v Chelsea
    Messi missing penalty v Chelsea

All defining moments for the winners. Bayern should by all means win this but history shows that the favourites are not always the winners. I'd like to see Dortmund do it though, should be a cracking final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bayern are the team from the Bundesliga I've followed since I was a kid, so I'll be hoping they can do it. I think they will too.

Time to break out the oul vintage oversize (it won't be so oversize now tho!!!) home jersey from the 99/00 Season... Opel the sponsors and "Janker" on the back!!! G'wan!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

This could be a bit of a squib. Goetze out and Bayern look to have gotten more to grips with Dortmund over the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Oat23 wrote: »

They may well play with Reus replacing Götze and Grosskreutz on the left, but he hasn't had a great season and this is the CL final. Get your best players in the pitch.

just thought they would have been preparing for the possibility that gotze might not make the game, and that was the reason Grosskreutz got the last few league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I don't need to mention, who I want to win, do I? :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hope BVB win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Since the final in 99 I've supported Munich. Losing three out of four finals would be horrible too. Bayern deserve it...but as Clint Eastwood once said 'deserves got nothing to do with it'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I seem to be in the minority who think that Dortmund have a real chance. . Not going back them but Dortmund are little over priced to lift trophy.

Like see Dortmund win it too but just looking forward to it and hopefully good game. 2004 was last time I did not care who won too much .

I have enough to worry about Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Although it counts for nothing no doubt Bayern deserve it.

Won the league by 25 points, DFB cup final next week, third CL final in 4 years and every 'failure' of the recent past has only spurred them on to get better to a point where they're now a well oiled football machine.
    I think they're the best team in Europe at this moment. YES, baby.

For me personally playing Dortmund takes a bit away from it. I'd rather have an opponent that I can positive dislike for 90 minutes, an opponent I want see properly crushed. Its impossible to not like Dortmund and what they're doing.

But as there I can only be one - tough sh1t Dortmund, suck it up! ;)

4:2 for Bayern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

How dare they buy players!!! You wouldn't catch any other club doing that. Its an outrage

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Oat23 wrote: »
    I expect Bayern to win, but I'll be cheering for BVB.

If people go back to when Bayer were doing well 10-12 years ago, see where their best players ended up. Ze Roberto, Lucio, Ballack etc. Bayern raided them after they finished above them in the BL and reached the CL final. It's annoying, but sure if they have the money they can do it.
    They're basically the United of Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Usually the team who wins this trophy has a defining moment along the way and I have a feeling that late Dortmund goal against Malaga will see them lift it this year.

Costinha v Man Utd
    Gerrard v Olympiakos
    Scholes v Barcelona
    Iniesta v Chelsea
    Messi missing penalty v Chelsea

All defining moments for the winners. Bayern should by all means win this but history shows that the favourites are not always the winners. I'd like to see Dortmund do it though, should be a cracking final

I suspect that almost every team that gets to the latter stages of a competition will have one of these defining moments, whether they go on to win it or not. Barcelona had Messi v PSG this year, Real the Nani sending-off, Can't think of one for Bayern, but I'm sure there's one somewhere along the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    I suspect that almost every team that gets to the latter stages of a competition will have one of these defining moments, whether they go on to win it or not. Barcelona had Messi v PSG this year, Real the Nani sending-off, Can't think of one for Bayern, but I'm sure there's one somewhere along the way

Bayern could be saving the defining moment for the time when it matters most; the Final itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Nearly letting it slip against Arsenal? Affirming their superiority against Juventus in Turin? Four nil against Barcelona, in particular the last quarter of an hour where it was pretty rampant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bayern to win by a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

They're basically the United of Germany.

:confused:
    When have United ever bought the spine of a direct rival's team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

baz2009 wrote: »
    :confused:
    When have United ever bought the spine of a direct rival's team?

David May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

David May

One player does not a spine make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hey Nuri Sahin, throw up a few aul gifs there for the craic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

keith16 wrote: »
    Hey Nuri Sahin, throw up a few aul gifs there for the craic.

Errr sure...

xop1Z.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Errr sure...

xop1Z.gif

Well played.
    Hope Dortmund do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I just heard that the Woolshed in Cork won't be showing the game, so no need to go there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I just heard that the Woolshed in Cork won't be showing the game, so no need to go there :pac:

Surprised by that. What else is on that could possibly be shown ahead of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

On a slightly related note... CL Final 2015 will be played in Berlin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement