Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern München vs Borussia Dortmund - UCL Final 12/13 - k/o 7:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

DazMarz wrote: »
    The man I feel really sorry for is Weidenfaller; all the cracking shots he saved, all the times he kept Dortmund in the game... and he was beaten by a trickled shot from 6 yards. Sick... But that's football.

Man was a machine tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Blatant trolling by Dunphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Smh @ Dunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I cant believe what dunphy is saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan Eamo

Always makes me laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    Well deserved, best winners of the CL in the last 5 years by a country mile.
    I know a few Catalans who would disagree..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dunphy bullsh!tting as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Great game, don't know how someone could watch that and think otherwise. I was annoyed when Robben scored, I wanted another 30 minutes.

Bayern deserved their win, although in my opinion they should have been down to 10 men*, and then who knows what would have happened.

* I'll qualify this by saying I thought the first booking was harsh, but the second offense was a definite yellow and should have been a second booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Munich's win strewn with errors, including 7 errors against Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The teensy bit of me that thought Dunphy knew something about football has just wilted away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

el dude wrote: »
    Dortmund are overhyped. Ferguson is sitting at home thinking how he would have hammered them. Brady making him look like the hypocritical idiot he is.

Dunphy is really losing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

John Terry pulling on his Bayern kit as we speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anyone know who got man of the match?

Why does everyone get so uppity about Dunphy? I find it hard to believe that he actually believes any of the stuff he says these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

The teensy bit of me that thought Dunphy knew something about football has just wilted away.

He had a point, but then he smeared poop all over it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why does everyone get so uppity about Dunphy? I find it hard to believe that he actually believes any of the stuff he says these days.

He's not even controversial anymore....just plain stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Football matches are often marred by poor decisions... happens all the time.

And what is that prick in a suit doing stopping the Dortmund players going up the steps? Moron.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

kryogen wrote: »
    The Dortmund fans are brilliant

Like Irish fans,

No wonder they are so loved here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

How on earth Dante wasn't shown red I will never know. Ribery is also an absolute disgrace of a footballer. Should have been sent off for the dive alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

The man I feel really sorry for is Weidenfaller; all the cracking shots he saved, all the times he kept Dortmund in the game... and he was beaten by a trickled shot from 6 yards. Sick... But that's football.

Very unfortunate to never have gotten the chance to play for the national team either. Outstanding performance.

• Advertisement

Ronin247 wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Football matches are often marred by poor decisions... happens all the time.

And what is that prick in a suit doing stopping the Dortmund players going up the steps? Moron.

Relax, it's just timings FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Even though Robben & Ribery are both bellends of the highest order Bayern were the best team in the competition and fully deserved to win tonight.

That_Guy wrote: »

You'd swear the game wasn't on other stations with people moaning!

Merkel has nothing but kind words for all the Dortmund fans. Looks very sincere.

Platini in contrast is all like "yeah yeah, here's your loser prize, now fuck off"

murpho999 wrote: »
    Relax, it's just timings FFS

Ah but still... I mean it must be pure torture for those Dortmund players. They'll just want to be able to get into the dressing room and get away from it. Just seems so pedantic and a pointless exercise in nitpicking, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Even though Robben & Ribery are both bellends of the highest order Bayern were the best team in the competition and fully deserved to win tonight.

Arah "fully deserved" ? they were lucky not to lose Ribery for an elbow and Dante i think it was for a definite second yellow. Mind you Lewandowski could have been sent off too.

Ribery is a disgrace to professional football. Throwing himself on the ground, throwing elbows around the place, moaning and whining to the referee every 5 minutes.

He's a disgrace to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Ronin247 wrote: »
    someone post a pic of this please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dunphy is really losing it.
    Not watching RTE, can't listen to those clowns (Brady excluded). What crazy sh|t is Dunphy saying now?

keith16 wrote: »
    Merkel has nothing but kind words for all the Dortmund fans. Looks very sincere.

Platini in contrast is all like "yeah yeah, here's your loser prize, now fuck off"

He is one of the most despicable, odious, horrible people involved in football. Him and Blatter should both be put out to pasture. A pair of bitter, idiotic old men. Statler and Waldorf come to life the pair of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If this result and the CL in general this season has made me wish one thing, it would be for Guardiola to rip up the contract he's drawn up with Bayern, and return to rebuild Barca. (Utd fan)

If you can watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
    You'll be a man my son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

keith16 wrote: »

They're all votes- well the German players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just ignore the fact that they should have had 2 players sent off then, yeah?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Who is the Bayern lady at the bottom of the steps high fiving and hugging all the players....and why did Sweinsteiger blank her, and Lahm only get a friendly pat on the back?

Besides that, that was an excellent game of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

CSF wrote: »

Yawn

Waiting for the day when somebody drops that cup over the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

We've got the cup and that's all that matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The fair trade coffee is going cold and the macbooks being slammed shut in the Irish Dortmund fan world.

Mainstream 1 Hipsters 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Eamon is really starting to annoy me! Well done Bayern.

• Advertisement

Hurts me to say this: but THAT is how a trophy should be lifted. The man with the armband should be the only one to have his hands on it and should be front and centre for that initial surge upwards of the trophy. This is compared to the clusterfúck that went on when Chelsea were lifting it last year. Lampard should have been alone in lifting it (maybe him and Terry as they're good mates and "club captain" and so on), but it was an absolute joke how crowded and stupid that looked last year.

Chelsea fan here, btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Dunphy is "unmoved", it was a crap game apparently. Would they ever **** this miserable git off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

CSF wrote: »

Lewandowski should have gone aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

haha dunphy talking absolute rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Eamon starting to make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Ardent wrote: »
    Not watching RTE, can't listen to those clowns (Brady excluded). What crazy sh|t is Dunphy saying now?

He's essentially saying Munich are an average side. Apparently they are "over-hyped", they won because Dortmund can't defend, and they're an "ordinary" side not a "great" side.

Beating Barca 7-0 this year and reaching two finals in a row clearly doesn't impress him.

Looking at players celebrating, I can really see they're worried about what Dunphy thinks of them!

He's so bitter is our Dunphy. :pac:

The fair trade coffee is going cold and the macbooks being slammed shut in the Irish Dortmund fan world.

Mainstream 1 Hipsters 0

Give over with the hipster shite FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We get it dunphy...you love barca.

• Advertisement
Advertisement