Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern München vs Borussia Dortmund - UCL Final 12/13 - k/o 7:45pm

Comments

keith16 wrote: »
    Give over with the hipster shite FFS.

It's hipster to call Dortmund fans hipsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

DazMarz wrote: »
    Hurts me to say this: but THAT is how a trophy should be lifted. The man with the armband should be the only one to have his hands on it and should be front and centre for that initial surge upwards of the trophy. This is compared to the clusterfúck that went on when Chelsea were lifting it last year. Lampard should have been alone in lifting it (maybe him and Terry as their good mates and "club captain" and so on), but it was an absolute joke how crowded and stupid that looked last year.

Chelsea fan here, btw!

+ 1

In all the photos, it looks like Bosingwa lifted the cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hurts me to say this: but THAT is how a trophy should be lifted. The man with the armband should be the only one to have his hands on it and should be front and centre for that initial surge upwards of the trophy. This is compared to the clusterfúck that went on when Chelsea were lifting it last year. Lampard should have been alone in lifting it (maybe him and Terry as their good mates and "club captain" and so on), but it was an absolute joke how crowded and stupid that looked last year.

Chelsea fan here, btw!

Agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I avoided RTE and watched ITV just to avoid Dunnphy and Giles and their lack of knowledge re German football. If they just had Brady it would have been bearable because Brady knows his stuff.

At least Keane and Southgate are giving Bayern the credit they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

dmc17 wrote: »
    Lewandowski should have gone aswell

iNU08VkV97w4w.gif

am i the only one who sees this as Lewandowski having his foot stuck between the guy's feet and pushing upwards with the weight on his toes to get free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"David Moyes or Mourinho wouldn't have seen anything that'll shock them tonight"

:pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's hipster to call Dortmund fans hipsters

Winning is so mainstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Rooney would improve munich! Hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its been a poor CL competition in general. Most of the big teams are in a big decline compared to recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

iNU08VkV97w4w.gif

am i the only one who sees this as Lewandowski having his foot stuck between the guy's feet and pushing upwards with the weight on his toes to get free?

Well spotted, but still, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

iNU08VkV97w4w.gif

Haha, what, stuck? With what, superglue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Southgate referencing 'Night of the Long Knives' :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He should have lifted his foot if he wanted to free it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

adamski8 wrote: »
    Rooney would improve munich! Hahahaha

Of course he would.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

iNU08VkV97w4w.gif

Could have slid his foot out to the left instead of standing down on boeteng.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

id2Yevtxbc5IK.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

That_Guy wrote: »
    "David Moyes or Mourinho wouldn't have seen anything that'll shock them tonight"

Hold on a minute...

Didn't the 'overrated' Dortmund smash Mourinho's Real?

Lol...Dunphy is REALLY losing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

iNU08VkV97w4w.gif

I think fair play to him, boteng was trapping him with his feet so why not move your weight to a certain leg, he didnt stamp him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What are RTE going on about whether Bayern will dominate in Europe or not. What's domination anyway? I don't think anyone has dominated Europe recently, not even Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hold on a minute...

Didn't the 'overrated' Dortmund smash Mourinho's Real?

Lol...Dunphy is REALLY losing it!

Think was talkin about bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Headshot wrote: »
    Its been a poor CL competition in general. Most of the big teams are in a big decline compared to recent times.

The first part is opinion but the second isn't really accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

murpho999 wrote: »
    Looking at players celebrating, I can really see they're worried about what Dunphy thinks of them!

They say "Dunphy, he ees overhyped. He only need look smarter than Giles. He make good point once and zat ees all people remember. Souness, he seet at home, he think I can do better than Dunphy next year"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

'German football is weak' - Eamonn Dunphy

Think was talkin about bayern.

Well if as has been reported Guardiola gets the €200 million war chest to rebuild (!) Bayern then I think they will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Can someone quote the Lewandowski gif again please.

I really wish RTE would let Brady and Dunphy have a thumping match. It'd be amazing viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've always enjoyed RTE and Dunphy, for the crack and their passion.

Don't understand what they are on about tonight.

Munich after numerous final defeats make sure of a win and Dunphy says they are poor.

Also says German football is weak after the first German final.

Really amazed, not every team can be Barcelona and not every winner is the best in Europe.

Chelsea and Liverpool being examples of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

el dude wrote: »
    Haha, what, stuck? With what, superglue?

ok, bad wording. replace 'stuck between' with 'in between'. either way, i don't see the malice, even in the revised .gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

They say "Dunphy, he ees overhyped. He only need look smarter than Giles. He make good point once and zat ees all people remember. Souness, he seet at home, he think I can do better than Dunphy next year"

If that is Trap imporsonations is eeees very goood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

keith16 wrote: »
    Can someone quote the Lewandowski gif again please.

Just go back one page. There's loads there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

what is dunphy like. he's getting worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

"German Football is weak" - Eamon Dunphy

Eamon Dunphy is weak - everyone else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Watching RTE only encourages their tabloid coverage. I know ITV or Sky is hardly high brow but RTE is trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He said recently that La Liga is poor. I am pretty sure he said the EPL is poor and he has certainly said Serie A is poor. I really dont know why he likes football if he thinks that every league in the world is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dunphy says there's a 'dearth of gifted players around the world in the game today'. :pac::pac:

Now forgetting about Messi and Ronaldo for a sec, this is a bloke who called Javi Martinez a donkey a few weeks back. Maybe that's his problem, he incapable of recognising great players so probably just doesn't think they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

dmc17 wrote: »
    Lewandowski should have gone aswell

Subotic could've gone for his drag back of Muller as well. Could easily have been given as a professional foul.

Watching RTE only encourages their tabloid coverage. I know ITV or Sky is hardly high brow but RTE is trash.

If RTE is tabloid Sky must be Weekly World News :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Someone should remind Dunphy of the semi final results against the top 2 spanish teams and how last years finalists Bayern also steamrolled Juventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

monkey9 wrote: »
    Dunphy says there's a 'dearth of gifted players around the world in the game today'. :pac::pac:

Now forgetting about Messi and Ronaldo for a sec, this is a bloke who called Javi Martinez a donkey a few weeks back. Maybe that's his problem, he incapable of recognising great players so probably just doesn't think they exist.

He's a bitter small man who's probably still hurting over Ferguson calling it a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

He said of muller

“Muller looks like he’s won the competition in Tesco to play for Bayern Munich.”

monkey9 wrote: »

Back in the 1980's he said Maradona was 'Not a Great Player'.

He's a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Would have liked Dortmund to win, but Munich were just more clinical. Robben is incredibly greedy though, must drive the club nuts (and then he scores that :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TBF I see where he's coming from with the German league, Dortmund will be stripped of their best players. Goetze already gone to Bayern, Lewandowski must likely going too

Bayern will have the league to their own now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

He said recently that La Liga is poor. I am pretty sure he said the EPL is poor and he has certainly said Serie A is poor. I really dont know why he likes football if he thinks that every league in the world is poor.

Football is dying don't ya know!

Look at all the posts above lads.

We're all talking about Dunphy?

Can you not see what he's doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's not been expanded on very well but there's a decent point in there somewhere. Bayern have a ridiculously strong squad, nobody doubts that, but beyond them is there that much? Dortmund, their main challengers, are losing Gotze and probably Lewandowski are on their way to their main rivals, weakening the main contenders and strengthening the champions, Dortmund may even lose 1 or 2 more of their star players and that is a great shame, they simply don't have the finances to bring up the A list stars of Bayern.

The quality of football in the league is good, lots of entertainment, great atmospheres, but after this season Bayern are the only top side in the league. This season it's been a 1 team league, next season it will almost certainly be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

PRAF wrote: »
    Subotic could've gone for his drag back of Muller as well. Could easily have been given as a professional foul.

That would have been incredibly harsh, Muller absolutely flung himself to the floor the second he got into the box.

You're right tho, it could have been given and it wouldn't surprise me with that ref tbh.

Dante's was much more clear cut however. Particularly galling given Nani's red card for what I would argue was a similar offence.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Look at all the posts above lads.

We're all talking about Dunphy?

Can you not see what he's doing?

He has half the country who hates him tuning in to hear what he's saying....

/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If Bayern win it next year, in 10 years time he'll be talking about "the great bayern side of 2013"

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He has half the country who hates him tuning in to hear what he's saying....

/

Yes, and I'll keep watching whilst the others have Southgate and Redknapp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement