Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern München vs Borussia Dortmund - UCL Final 12/13 - k/o 7:45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Knex. wrote: »
    Surprised by that. What else is on that could possibly be shown ahead of it?

Surely they've enough screens to cater for both the boxing and the Champions League final.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Surprised by that. What else is on that could possibly be shown ahead of it?

Don't know, all I know is there is no need for anyone to go there, especially in front of the big screen ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I just heard that the Woolshed in Cork won't be showing the game, so no need to go there :pac:

Meant to be going there with a few buddies actually, is this confirmed it isnt showing it?

I've no problem going elsewhere but in terms of screens and space its not a bad 1st option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Meant to be going there with a few buddies actually, is this confirmed it isnt showing it?

I've no problem going elsewhere but in terms of screens and space its not a bad 1st option.

Old Oak might not be a bad second option. Can be awkward in terms of getting a good view of a screen if you're not there early however.

Talk about a 'woosh' moment :D

Of course they're showing it, I just don't want to be packed in there like sardines like with the semi finals :p

Of course they're showing it, I just don't want to be packed in there like sardines like with the semi finals :p

Ah for God sake :pac:

Myself and the three buddies will be cheering on Bayern, least I can do after we robbed them last year. :cool:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Myself and the three buddies will be cheering on Bayern, least I can do after we robbed them last year. :cool:

Ye'll be easy to find so :P

Ye'll be easy to find so :P

Might even wear my Boards t-shirt for the hell of it.

As long as I get a decent spot and a bit of grub I'll be happy. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

How could any right thinking person not want Dortmund to win this?

Id love it if they put Robben, Ribery and Uli Honess crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I want Dortmund to win but it's hard to look past Bayern. Just can't see them losing again on the 3rd attempt in 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

meriwether wrote: »

Prob because they are not German so only see Bayern for their recent near misses and destroying Barca. But yeah it would be like Man United vs Spurs, and the neutral hoping United win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ive always had a soft spot for munich so will be shouting for them but wont mind if dortmund win. Is there something wrong with munich or something or is it just uncool to like em :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

mike65 wrote: »
    Bayern to steam roll Dortmund is far more likely. This won't be won by the hipsters choice.

This "hipsters" thing is a load of bollox. Bayern to shit themselves in a final again is just as likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I don't agree with that 'hipsters' stuff either.

Of course, Borussia got some new supporters after they won the league in 2011. But where did they come from? Almost bankrupt 5 years before they won the title in 2011, and they never went through the Bundesliga like vultures, weakening their opponents on purpose by throwing around horrendous sums of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I don't agree with that 'hipsters' stuff either.

Of course, Borussia got some new supporters after they won the league in 2011. But where did they come from? Almost bankrupt 5 years before they won the title in 2011, and they never went through the Bundesliga like vultures, weakening their opponents on purpose by throwing around horrendous sums of money.

Its the normal way for "people who like football" to react.
    Dortmund and anyone who likes them considered a hipster its like liking a band before they went "stadium".

Me not mad about them but good to see to solvent clubs contest the greatest prize in football.

Bochum 4 life :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

2-0 Bayern but 1-0 until near the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Resistance is futile. We Are The Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hope Dortmund win it. Dont really like Munich, and especially Robben/Ribery...
    Anyone thinking this might go the distance, ie extra time/ pens. Both teams like to play attacking football so hoping for plenty of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I want Dortmund to win but it's hard to look past Bayern. Just can't see them losing again on the 3rd attempt in 4 years.

Imo that all goes out the window tomorrow night. Better team out there will win, psychologically the field is even. No doubt Bayern want this badly but Dortmund may not get another crack at it. All about who's up to the task, not who's up for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have a 10 quid free bet, and am trying to decide if I want to go with Lewandowski to score 2 or more at 25/1, or go for the hatrick at 66/1 :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heading over to London this evening so this'll probably be my last post in here till sometime Sunday. ****ing buzzing :D We've nothing to lose, Bayern on the other hand..

Echte Liebe BVB!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Heading over to London this evening so this'll probably be my last post in here till sometime Sunday. ****ing buzzing :D We've nothing to lose, Bayern on the other hand..

Echte Liebe BVB!

Enjoy the game mate, should be a great atmosphere around London and I'm expecting the game to not be half bad either. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I have a 10 quid free bet, and am trying to decide if I want to go with Lewandowski to score 2 or more at 25/1, or go for the hatrick at 66/1 :P
    He's too hit and miss for me to trust him with my free bet :P

Will wait for the starting lineup and pick someone random, might go for Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,665 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2 - 1 win to Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Neutral here so I don't care who wins just hope its a good game.

http://gomezbutton.de/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I will miss the final being at one big weekend will watch it one time delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I can see this being a repeat of the 1997 Final when Juve were the sure-fire favourites to beat BVB and the latter upset the applecart.

Won't be 3-1 tonight but I have a suspicion BVB will edge this 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I can see this being a repeat of the 1997 Final when Juve were the sure-fire favourites to beat BVB and the latter upset the applecart.

You might be right. There was back-to-back titles in the Bundesliga in 1995 and 1996, the year after came European glory. No need to mention back-to-back titles in the Bundesliga in 2011 and 2012.

Can't wait now, nervous as a child I am, the house is flagged...bring it on...Heja BVB :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

PP still offering 10/3 on Dortmund tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Vaguely remember the match - would've been 9 at the time. I remember this goal alright (forgive the cheesy German music):

I also remember being really excited that Liverpool had signed Riedle based on the fact he had scored 2 goals in the final - thought we had got one of the world's best strikers!

Really hope Dortmund do it tonight.

It would be great for football.

I haven't really followed the Dortmund/Klopp journey of the last few years. I am firmly a bandwagoner from this Champions League run. Knocking out Madrid the way they did really endeared them to me.

In an age where we can often be cynical about the game (the only way to win is with money) Dortmund have done something really special, surprised us and proven an exception.

A win for Dortmund would give so many teams hope of winning the biggest prize without a massive budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports that rival fans are fighting each other.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam O wrote: »
    He's too hit and miss for me to trust him with my free bet :P

Will wait for the starting lineup and pick someone random, might go for Reus.

Reus to score 2 or more? That's 22/1 at the moment. Lew has dropped to 13/1 now :( Should have backed it. What's Reus like?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Montroseee wrote: »
    PP still offering 10/3 on Dortmund tonight.

They're 4/1 on Betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

This could be Dortmund's last chance to win a European Cup for a long time with all their talent being snapped up in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Reus to score 2 or more? That's 22/1 at the moment. Lew has dropped to 13/1 now :( Should have backed it. What's Reus like?

Very good player, scored a couple against us in our qualifier.

Very quick too, be tough for that bet to come through but a cheeky €2 should do it :)

Can't remember a CL final with this much anticipation for a long while.

I really think we're in for a cracker, with tons of goals, maybe a red card thrown in for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

zerks wrote: »

Guardian happy clappy report

There were isolated street fights as up to 100,000 German fans took to the streets of London in anticipation of Saturday evening's Champions League final.

Supporters of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund were drinking and partying throughout the city. Only some have tickets for the first all German final, which is taking place at Wembley.

While the vast majority of fans were behaving normally, the few outbreaks of violence were quickly dealt with by police – and equally quickly filmed and posted on YouTube.

At Wembley, hundreds of fans threw building supplies and projectiles at each other before smaller groups fought at close quarters. They were quickly separated by police.

There were other images of sporadic fighting, but few compared to the good-natured scenes taking place around all London landmarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Shamefully I've jumped on this bandwagon through the year but come on Dortmund!Can't help but love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Shamefully I've jumped on this bandwagon through the year but come on Dortmund!Can't help but love them!

Don't be ashamed. Dortmund have caught the attention of the neutrals for very good reasons.

Those accusing the new Dortmund fans of jumping on the bandwagon, is ironically, a very hipster type thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

'Mourinho' documentary on ITV4 now. Jose himself is probably tuning in, an ego like his needs constant nourishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

Hoping for a Dortmund win, have followed Dortmund with interest the last few years. Klopp has done a fanastic job with this group of players and has really crafted a fantastic team. Hope they can stick it up to Bayern and get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is Gotze playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Klopp seems like a really likeable (stoner) manager.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is Gotze playing?

Nope injured handily enough for Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Franz Beckenbauer accusing Souness of lacking male genitalia. I like this man already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Sky been using quite a bit of DPs new album so far. :)

Should be a cracking game, can't wait.

Daft Punk or Deep Purple? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

zerks wrote: »

Odd that they are chanting in English? Seems to be English thugs mixed up in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement