Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker>line level converter needed

Options
  • 01-05-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need a speaker level to line level converter. I've looked on Amazon and eBay but they're expensive (>35e) and I don't know which one is good.

Anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I've seen them on Ebay for about 4 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I've seen them on Ebay for about 4 Euro.

Yeah. I decided to get a good one (I hope) so I ended up with this: Navone N-RHL2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Will you be using them in the car or the house? The link is for automotive audio converters.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Will you be using them in the car or the house? The link is for automotive audio converters.

Yeah, I'll be using it in the car.

In that case the converters you linked to will do the job once your head unit is less than 50W.

What head unit and amp are you using?

• Advertisement

In that case the converters you linked to will do the job once your head unit is less than 50W.

What head unit and amp are you using?

The head unit is the stock one in a Nissan Primera P12. The amp is a Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D.

Looks like a capable amp.

Have you upgraded your stock Nissan speakers?

The amp will give great bass but it might overshadow the SQ from your stock speakers.

Looks like a capable amp.

Have you upgraded your stock Nissan speakers?

The amp will give great bass but it might overshadow the SQ from your stock speakers.

Yeah I've upgraded to the Alpine SPR-60C, haven't finished installing the tweeters in the pillars yet though. SQ much improved, but I can't play any louder. I can hear the stock amp give up, so I need a 2 or 4 channel amp for my door speakers as well. Still looking for something there. Sundown has one, but it's overkill and quite pricy, even though it's excellent.

OK. At least you've realised that your stock equipment is not up to the job. Your replacement Alpine drivers look good.

Might I suggest you get an old school HiFonics American Eagle amp (4x 45rms) to drive your mids. A great amp with clean reproduction and very economical to buy on eBay or Amazon. I still use one in my house.

Advertisement