Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Draft - How was it for you?

Options
  • 01-05-2013 10:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How did you get on with the draft?

I'm happy with mine, I had 2 firsts, a 2nd, 3rds so I needed a good draft.

1st Round:

HB - Manasee James - He looks very good, SPD 98 ACC 94,CAR 92. Doesn't have good BCV or TRK but he'll be good.

WR - Tylar Maxwell - He'll play opposite Megatron, Catching 85, CIT 82,SPC 90,Release 95, Spd 90, ACC 88

2nd Round:

Roth LT - He'll be back up but looks useful. PBK 81 RBK 80

3rd Round

TE - Chapman - He'll be my 3rd TE, CTH 80 CIT 78

FS Walton - Not great, only rated 68, back up to Delmas.
    C - Olivera, again just a backup.

Later Rounds:

Punter - who will likely be released
    QB - to back up Romo but he looks like he would be usable in an emergency. Speed 90.
    LG - Yankey - Wasn't scouted, will be released.
    CB - Wallace - I've too many corners now, he'll be released too.

Overall 2 good starters and 2 solid backups. Not too bad, happy overall.

Bring on the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mine was good!

Traded my 1st rounder as part of my deal for Hakeem Nicks.
    2nd round: CB DaRick Johnson. 77 ovr, 84 man cov, 82 press. 4th in my depth chart but will see action.
    3rd round via Colts: WR Wyatt Ralston. 88 catching, 87 catch in traffic, 92 speed. Ideal slot receiver instead of Josh Cribbs.
    3rd round: HB Justice Lewis. 91 speed, 98 carrying. Mini-MJD will have to take a few snaps. My pick of the draft.
    4th round: ROLB Quentin Jones. Only needed a backup, he's 72 ovr and has great hit power.
    5th round: LOLB Davin Maclin. Again only needed a backup, he's 70 ovr and has 91 hit power! 2 good special teams guys there.
    6th round: LE Jarvis Leslie. This guy has excellent stats all over, but has a 10 for awareness so he is 65 ovr, I'll give him a chance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Had a good old laugh with the lads in the party!

Picked up Andrew Carvel in the first round 78 overall,throw power 91, short throw 84, med 88, long 88, awareness 85, 6ft3 223lbs so happy with this pick, hopefully is as good as he looks!

Round 2 picked CB Brandon Puamau rated overall 74

Round 3 picked WR Kevin baker 63 overall but speed 96, acceleration 99,
    Jumping 92, catching 76

Rest of picks were middle of the road guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Picked up a starting CB in the first and a change of back RB in the 3rd. WR in the 2nd is 70 overall but way down my depth chart. Everyone else will be lucky to make the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Adrian you ruined my draft, your first 3 picks were what I'd planned. and the punter. Grrrrrr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Only ok,just got depth really

1st rounder: Traded as part of Victor Cruz.
    2nd round: RG Chandler Cosh rated 77.He's' pretty decent,his run blocking is 84,impact blocking is 89 and awareness is 80,his only negative is his pass blocking is 71 but his development rating is quick so I should be able to up that pretty quickly
    3rd round: TE Sam Taylor rated 72.Not good,none of his stats are that great bar his catching in traffic and his pass blocking is better than my current TE.At least his delevopment is quick.
    4th round: Traded as part of Nate Washington deal
    5th round: RE Tevin Favours rated 71.I think I took him in this round anyway intially he seemed quite poor but when moved to LE his rating goes up to 78 and with tackling of 78,power of 85 and strenght of 84 this guy could be a bit of a bruiser,play reg is decent at 75 also.Superstar development rating too.
    6th round: Some DT,most likely will be cut.
    7th round: CB Fabian Ballard,took him for his fancy name.....already cut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    1st rounder: Traded as part of Victor Nicks.

Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks? One or the other I hope? We're all in trouble if you got both.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    7th round: CB Fabian Ballard,took him for his fancy name.....already cut

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »
    Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks? One or the other I hope? We're all in trouble if you got both.

They had a child, he is a Bronco now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Probably my best draft yet, got position fills I needed and some better than expected
    1st rnd - 7th pick, needed a CB due to conceded pts last year, missed the best so took a kick returning CB who turned out not to great in coverage but is my new kick returner. 87 KR.
    DeMarcus Austin 70, man74, zone 77, catch79, speed 91,acc 95 and spin/juke 94.

1st rnd colts pick, RG Skyler Davis 88, steps in past last years draftee Dargan79and Boone 76. Run blk 88, impt blk 92
    2nd rnd, SS Bobby Joe, picked for his name alone, 74 overall, jump 91, catch 74, 91 speed, 83 elusive and spin move of 95!
    2nd rnd, RE Harvey Ferguson 78, power move 87, tackle 85.
    3rd rnd, LT Cornelius Johnson 80, run blk 90, strength 96
    4th rnd, Quentin Reyna 70 LOLB, 86 speed, 84play rec, 89 jump, 79 tackle.
    5th rnd DT Abraham Hayes 71, 89 strength, 80 tackle.
    6th rnd, CPU pick, MLB Ish Lewis 64, 87 speed, awareness of not noticing a slow moving brick coming straight at his head 10.
    7th rnd, Ian Favor, 63 LOLB I think he is. Will be dropped.

3rd

Advertisement