Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre season

Options
  • 01-05-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Just want to say that I will not be playing my pre season games and will not be putting myself on auto.

I'm sorry if this annoys people, but I had a royal pain trying to get on last pre season to get on auto, for my team to be hammered and on cold streaks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Just want to say that I will not be playing my pre season games and will not be putting myself on auto.

I'm sorry if this annoys people, but I had a royal pain trying to get on last pre season to get on auto, for my team to be hammered and on cold streaks.

I agree with this statement and will be doing the same !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also agree, as both player and commish. After each advance id have to put people back on auto it won't be done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sim for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

etloveslsd wrote: »

I agree.

Roll on Week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Turn injuries off and sim the lot of pre season. Fairest on everyone! Could start the regular season tomorrow night then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nelbert wrote: »
    Turn injuries off and sim the lot of pre season. Fairest on everyone! Could start the regular season tomorrow night then!

Yeah i'd agree with this, if nobody wants to play the games, just skip it and start the season from Friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+1 for skipping pre-season and starting Friday night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry lads.. with the bank holiday this weekend people may be away etc so its not really fair for them to potentially miss their 1st league game when they are only being told about it the day before.

FWIW i would love to skip pre-season but we have a schedule..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Agree with the commish. If we sim the preseason we get no chance to try out our rookies in practice mode, sign FA each game week or earn that 'priceless' xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »
    Agree with the commish. If we sim the preseason we get no chance to try out our rookies in practice mode, sign FA each game week or earn that 'priceless' xp.

Agreed! I have a few spots on my roster that I need to fill, all back up, but you never know when injury will strike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Definitely can't sim it, practice is too important!

Also just remember if you are over roster, the CPU will cut people each day of pre-season when the league is advanced

Do we get xp points if the pre season games are simmed, i'd love to play them but my 1st 2 games are against the Jets and the Steelers and they wont be played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I assume you get a bit yes. If you do your practices every day you will get XP for that do.

I assume you get a bit yes. If you do your practices every day you will get XP for that do.
    I always do the practice, but have noticed i get feck all XP, as an example 1 of my players got over 100 yards recieving last night during practice, 0 XP

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

I did and always do the practice, but have noticed i get feck all XP, as an example 1 of my players got over 100 yards last night during practice, 0 XP

I think it's only coaching xp you get from the practice sessions. Bit of a shame I think. They could do more with it.

I think it's only coaching xp you get from the practice sessions. Bit of a shame I think. They could do more with it.

I thought all players got 1500xp as long as you win the game?

I thought all players got 1500xp as long as you win the game?
    I dont think so, I think oneadlum is right, Coach XP is all you get

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Your players definitely get XP, but it is not determined by how well they do in practise. If I have time, I do the 2000 XP challenge, and if I succeed every player gets 1500 XP, last night I did the 1500 XP challenge and all my players, including my rookies who had 0 XP got 1000 XP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cardinals,wanna play our pre-season? I know you have a new QB you may wanna test.

I think your players do get xp in practice,I've seen my players gain after it but I've never checked how much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Cardinals,wanna play our pre-season? I know you have a new QB you may wanna test.

I think your players do get xp in practice,I've seen my players gain after it but I've never checked how much

Yeah Perrin if you are around late that would be good!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah Perrin if you are around late that would be good!
    Should be when suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Should be when suits you?

830?!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    830?!
    see ya then

Vikes, you fancy doing our game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He's CPU heli

in my first practice session... ive got 4 FF and a int for a TD all by one LB :eek:

in my first practice session... ive got 4 FF and a int for a TD all by one LB :eek:

I must keep Luck away from that Guy, or was it against you

The Cardinals welcomed new rookie Sam Taylor TE to the NFL with a bang,out for 5 weeks with a broken jaw.
    Also if any1 is playing the pre-season games the game time is still set at 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Are injuries not set to off for pre season???

Advertisement