Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Nas

• 01-05-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering what is everyone's favourite nas storage device? I have looked at the synology DS212J but some reviews aren't great! I would mostly be using it to store backups and to stream films with xbmc! Looking around the E250 price range!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lots of suggestions in this thread from last week
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056928322

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

I have the 4TB buffulo linkstation for over a year now. No issues with it. DLNA is great. Transfer speeds are dead on. The back up software is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Jamey_29 wrote: »
    I have the 4TB buffulo linkstation for over a year now. No issues with it. DLNA is great. Transfer speeds are dead on. The back up software is good.

I second that also. Have one 3 years now. Reliable axcellent.dnla world with Samsung tv perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

T-K-O wrote: »

just bought the NAS325 the other day and paid £70. seemed a no brainer for only £10 more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I am just about to buy a Zyxel NAS325. Can you let me know how it is going for you?

I have been doing some googling and it looks great for the price, found a site that allows you to install Plex on it as well.

I am hoping to use it purely for DLNA and torrent downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

nedd wrote: »
    I am just about to buy a Zyxel NAS325. Can you let me know how it is going for you?

I have been doing some googling and it looks great for the price, found a site that allows you to install Plex on it as well.

I am hoping to use it purely for DLNA and torrent downloads.

going great so far, but only probably using 20% of its capabilities.

found this review really helpful and am working through the setup options slowly but surely.

Can't really help re plex as i'm using it as it came

Advertisement