Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Goals/Achievements

Options
  • 01-05-2013 11:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

What is everyone trying to get in their JC(Please do not say all ''As'' as everyone is trying to achieve that,lol!!!)
    What do ye predict ye will get knowing that all projects for options and orals are over....
    Mine is:
    English-C/D
    Maths-A/B
    Science-A/B
    Geog-A/B
    History-A/B
    Buss-A/B
    Wood-A/B
    Metal-B/C
    German-C/D
    Italian-C/D
    Cspe-A/B
    And I honestly would be quite happy if I achieved this
    I really want to come back to this page next Sep and compare my predictions with my real results :0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

1)English A
    2)History A
    3)Gaelige C
    4)Italian C
    5)Maths B
    6)Geography A
    7)Home Eco A (Aced the practical + project = 40%)
    8)Science A (Still doing Science coursebook B and HAVEN'T START A :()
    9)CSPE A (Project done = 60%)
    10)Religion A (Project done = 20% I think)

If I achieve them, or better, i'll get 100 euro ;) plus i'll litterly wet my self ;). I want to compare them too XD, I really hope I achieve them, I know it's possible and i'm worthy of getting it, it's just about effort and the mood of the examiner when he/she corrects mine :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

English - A
    Irish - B/A (More than likely a B, my paper 2 always lets me down!)
    Maths - A/B (I got a B in my pre, but I've put in a ton of work since then so I'm hoping it pays off and I get the A!)
    CSPE - A
    Religion - A/B (Probably an A - I put a good effort into my project and I've done a good bit of exam questions)
    French - B/A (I'm putting so much work into French! I hope it pays off! An A would be amazing!)
    Geography - A
    Science - A (Hopefully my project will get good marks!)
    TG - A/B (I've done pretty much every exam paper back to 1997!!)
    Business - A (My teacher is brilliant! I was 2% off the A in the pre, but I'm working mad since then to grab the A!)
    Woodwork - C/B(My project was a disgrace! I had a week to do it! I almost cry everytime I think about it. My portfolio was quite
    good though, and hopefully if I put in the work for the exam, I'll come out with a C or B.. Makes me sick to think about it!!)

All Higher Level by the way! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    English - A
    Irish - B/A (More than likely a B, my paper 2 always lets me down!)
    Maths - A/B (I got a B in my pre, but I've put in a ton of work since then so I'm hoping it pays off and I get the A!)
    CSPE - A
    Religion - A/B (Probably an A - I put a good effort into my project and I've done a good bit of exam questions)
    French - B/A (I'm putting so much work into French! I hope it pays off! An A would be amazing!)
    Geography - A
    Science - A (Hopefully my project will get good marks!)
    TG - A/B (I've done pretty much every exam paper back to 1997!!)
    Business - A (My teacher is brilliant! I was 2% off the A in the pre, but I'm working mad since then to grab the A!)
    Woodwork - C/B(My project was a disgrace! I had a week to do it! I almost cry everytime I think about it. My portfolio was quite
    good though, and hopefully if I put in the work for the exam, I'll come out with a C or B.. Makes me sick to think about it!!)

All Higher Level by the way! :)

YOU HAD A WEEK TO DO IT??!!!
    How is that possible, btw which option for the project did you pick the stand or wall mounted storage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

YOU HAD A WEEK TO DO IT??!!!
    How is that possible, btw which option for the project did you pick the stand or wall mounted storage
    My teacher is a disgrace! Then when I got back home after the my trip to LA he was all like 'Needs to be in by Friday.' I was so annoyed. Everyone walking in with their teak/mahogany wall units and I'm like it's a nailed together wooden thing with a drawer :rolleyes: My teacher even told me it was crap! :rolleyes: Oh well - not doing construction next year so it'll be fine xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Well, I'm really only aiming to achieve good results for the subjects, I'm going to do for the leaving cert which hopefully are,

English
    Maths
    Irish
    History
    Geography
    Business

Predictions/:

English: A
    Maths : C/D
    Irish : B
    Geography: A
    Business : B
    Metalwork : D [if I'm lucky to pass it]
    Home Economics: C, my practical exam went well so lets hope for the best.
    French - A/B
    CSPE - A
    Science - C [Hopefully, I'll need to work hard at this subject]
    Latin - A

Hopefully, at the end of the day I do better than I predict, with constant study I'm fairly confident, but lets hope I meet my goal :) but my primary aim is to do well at the subjects I plan to do at university and leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hopefully, at the end of the day I do better than I predict, with constant study I'm fairly confident, but lets hope I meet my goal :) but my primary aim is to do well at the subjects I plan to do at university and leaving cert.

You will do better than you think.

Latin - A

You do Latin?! Is it hard? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

English-B/C
    Maths-A/B
    History-A
    Geography-A/B
    CSPE-A
    Religion-A
    Technology-A/B
    Technical Graphics-A/B
    French-B
    Science-A

All are HL subjects and looking for at least 6 A and 4 and byw can anyone post sample JC HL English answers for comparison so I can see the standard or any website links will do. Thanks:)

onlinenerd wrote: »
    English-B/C
    Maths-A/B
    History-A
    Geography-A/B
    CSPE-A
    Religion-A
    Technology-A/B
    Technical Graphics-A/B
    French-B
    Science-A

All are HL subjects and looking for at least 6 A and 4 and byw can anyone post sample JC HL English answers for comparison so I can see the standard or any website links will do. Thanks:)

If you have edco exam papers they contain codes which can be accessed online to many sample answers from examination questions

onlinenerd wrote: »
    English-B/C
    Maths-A/B
    History-A
    Geography-A/B
    CSPE-A
    Religion-A
    Technology-A/B
    Technical Graphics-A/B
    French-B
    Science-A

Lucky you do not have to do business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

English: A (I need to learn a poem or two first.)
    Irish: B (Aiming high.)
    Geography: A
    Maths: A
    CSPE: A
    Business Studies: A
    History: A
    Science: A
    Religion: A
    Technical Graphics: A (There is a gargantuan chance of me messing this up though.)
    Spanish: B (Aiming high.)

I'm not very good at languages. I am completely unable to read something in a language other than English and then answer questions on it. Listening is also very difficult. I have to keep working to achieve these results but I'd be ecstatic to achieve them and that's my motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

I wasn't happy with my pre results as it was much lower than I'd usually get in Christmas/summer exams...
    I'm aiming for:
    Geography A (a in the pres)
    History A (in the the pres)
    Science A (B in the pres, but we had no exam paper work done)
    Tech Graph A/B (I got a D in the pres... This is wishful thinking :p)
    English A (B in the pres... 83... Was really disappointed because its usually my best subject)
    Irish B (B in the pres but I was over the moon with that result and I just want to maintain it)
    Art A (A in the pres, put so much time into my project I hope it pays off!)
    German A (B in the pres... Hope I've done enough to bring it up)
    Maths A/B (C in the pres but I've been doing so much study!)

Sooooo these are my goals, fingers crossed! Hope everyone is happy next September ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

English-C
    Maths-A/B
    Science-A/B
    Geog-A/B
    History-A/B
    Buss-A/B
    Wood-A/B
    Metal-B
    German-C
    Italian-C
    Cspe-A

These are my goals, I know they are not as good as compared to all the above but I believe if I get that I would have done good enough. Oh... They are so bad... going to crack... I honestly cannot wait untill June 21, when I will burn 'ALL' my books and copies ;)

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    English-C

I honestly cannot wait untill June 21, when I will burn 'ALL' my books and copies ;)
    Looks like the fire department will be busy on June 21st :rolleyes:. The smell of burning exam papers never gets old.:cool:

Looks like the fire department will be busy on June 21st :rolleyes:. The smell of burning exam papers never gets old.:cool:
    :P :)

You are lucky you do not do business, it is the most bad ass chapter to learn ;)

You are lucky you do not do business, it is the most bad ass chapter to learn ;)
    I did a two week demo on Business in 1st year .. it was too easy ;). Joking ... I don't like business .. having a job in an office or bank just seems boring to me :p. Home Eco was well worth it XD.:rolleyes:

I did a two week demo on Business in 1st year .. it was too easy ;). Joking ... I don't like business .. having a job in an office or bank just seems boring to me :p. Home Eco was well worth it XD.:rolleyes:
    Why, you must be looking for some action job, :pac:
    I would love to do religion, seems so interesting, but our school does not do it :(
    As for home ec... I was planning to do it but..... ran into some complicated situation :)
    Arnie is that a shorter version of 'arnold' :confused:

Why, you must be looking for some action job, :pac:
    I would love to do religion, seems so interesting, but our school does not do it :(
    As for home ec... I was planning to do it but..... ran into some complicated situation :)
    Arnie is that a shorter version of 'arnold' :confused:
    Yes it is, but my full name isn't Arnold xDDDDD. I want to have a job that includes doing something slightly different everytime. :p

Yes it is, but my full name isn't Arnold xDDDDD. I want to have a job that includes doing something slightly different everytime. :p
    Lolololol
    I have the perfect job in mind for you so but cannot say it here....hehehhe...:P
    Since you want to do different everytime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Metalwork H - A/B
    Religion H - A
    Irish O - A/B
    Business Studies H - B (with hope!!)
    Geography H - A/B
    English H - B
    Spanish O - A/B
    Science H - A/B
    Math H - A/B
    History H - A
    C.S.P.E. C - A

Lolololol
    I have the perfect job in mind for you so but cannot say it here....hehehhe...:P
    Since you want to do different everytime :)
    Oh no! I'm not doing ...that:rolleyes:.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Metalwork H - A/B
    Religion H - A
    Irish O - A/B
    Business Studies H - B (with hope!!)
    Geography H - A/B
    English H - B
    Spanish O - A/B
    Science H - A/B
    Math H - A/B
    History H - A
    C.S.P.E. C - A

Welcome to Boards.ie! Them results seem doable, hopefully you achieve them! :)

Welcome to Boards.ie! Them results seem doable, hopefully you achieve them! :)

Thanks, mate :)! I certainly hope to achieve them. I like to think of myself as a B student, but I got mostly A's on my mocks. I am very bad at studying, but looking through the papers I think I have the hang of most of it. Er, except for History, I'll need a solid week to get back on top of that, but it should be fine once I do.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Thanks, mate :)! I certainly hope to achieve them. I like to think of myself as a B student, but I got mostly A's on my mocks. I am very bad at studying, but looking through the papers I think I have the hang of most of it. Er, except for History, I'll need a solid week to get back on top of that, but it should be fine once I do.
    Try make short notes and mindmaps in history for people in histories etc.

Sniper, since you do metal work maybe you can help me out in this question :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056952286

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PodgeD1997

Here's mine;
    English-A/B
    Maths-B/C
    Science-A/B
    Geog-A/B
    History-B/C
    Tech Graph C
    Wood-A/B
    French: B/C
    Cspe-A/B
    Religion-B/C

I'm not as prepared as I'd like to have been. Ah well, there's time for that at LC. :p

Anyone else worried?

PodgeD1997 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried?

I can't help but feel a bit worried, but I know that it isn't the end of the world if I don't do fantastic. As you said, I'll do a bit more for the LC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

Maths - Want to get an A, no less
    Metalwork - Wanting to get an A but I feel like my project was average so i'm expecting a B to be honest.
    Technical Graphics - A
    Science - Never once studied it and I have an awful teacher, would be delighted with a B/C
    Geography - A, did well in pres and xmas exam. Quite easy paper tbh
    History - Havent put much work into it so I dont expect to do very well, kinda worried about q5 and q6
    Irish - Don't care about it
    English - Hopefully a B, worried about this exam also
    CSPE - LOL, soooo worried!
    French - Couldnt care less but im quite good at it so hopefully a B!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Again with the CSPE slagging.

From the statistics,
    Grade A in CSPE last year was attained by 29.6% of female candidates and
    14.3% of males.

Not as much of a gimme subject as everyone seems to think.

Advertisement