Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Goals/Achievements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

spurious wrote: »
    Again with the CSPE slagging.

From the statistics,
    Grade A in CSPE last year was attained by 29.6% of female candidates and
    14.3% of males.

Not as much of a gimme subject as everyone seems to think.

It's mostly poor projects, I'd imagine. The exam itself is really easy, I don't know how you could do very badly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

Again with the CSPE slagging.

From the statistics,
    Grade A in CSPE last year was attained by 29.6% of female candidates and
    14.3% of males.

Not as much of a gimme subject as everyone seems to think.

This is true, but correct me If I am wrong
    I heard this from someone that If last year exam, let us take Cspe for this, since we are talking about it anyways, that because everyone did not get that many A's either the paper or the project marking was too hard do they not make it easier this year ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

I have a friend who got a D in the Cspe exam because of doing nothing in the project lol last year, but got 6B's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    This is true, but correct me If I am wrong
    I heard this from someone that If last year exam, let us take Cspe for this, since we are talking about it anyways, that because everyone did not get that many A's either the paper or the project marking was too hard do they not make it easier this year ??

No, the CSPE figures, like other subjects, tend to stay much the same year to year in terms of the percentage who get As.

I just find it odd how everyone thinks they will do really well in it, when the evidence is that they don't. Watch when the results come out - 'CSPE B/C/D? WTF how did that happen?'

I would agree with the poster who said it's probably due to bad projects, or more likely badly written up projects. There are schools where everyone copies a version of the action report and schools where no action took place at all. Then of course there are schools that do extensive action projects. The 'joke subject' attitude (I think) filters down from some teachers.

No, the CSPE figures, like other subjects, tend to stay much the same year to year in terms of the percentage who get As.

I just find it odd how everyone thinks they will do really well in it, when the evidence is that they don't. Watch when the results come out - 'CSPE B/C/D? WTF how did that happen?'

I would agree with the poster who said it's probably due to bad projects, or more likely badly written up projects. There are schools where everyone copies a version of the action report and schools where no action took place at all. Then of course there are schools that do extensive action projects. The 'joke subject' attitude (I think) filters down from some teachers.

Our teacher takes it quite seriously, which is good. We had a Guard in (student's father) and we took notes of his presentation and wrote up the project. I think I did well, at the very least I'd expect a B, but I am expecting an A, considering I haven't put any less effort into it because it's CSPE than other subjects. I do like joking about it, though.

On a side note: I lost my geography homework again for the 5th time in a row. I hate having to redo it >.>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Our teacher takes it quite seriously, which is good. We had a Guard in (student's father) and we took notes of his presentation and wrote up the project. I think I did well, at the very least I'd expect a B, but I am expecting an A, considering I haven't put any less effort into it because it's CSPE than other subjects. I do like joking about it, though.

On a side note: I lost my geography homework again for the 5th time in a row. I hate having to redo it >.>
    We did sweet **** all for our action project. Our teacher is really bad (it's her first year of teaching) and can't control the class. However, we managed to write up a report because the teacher organised a speaker from some company to come in .. so yea. I lelt no line un written! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Geography - A
    History - A
    English - B
    Irish - A
    Math - A
    German - B
    Religion - C
    Science - A
    Business - B
    Home Ec - A
    CSPE - A

Possible but not impossible. Would require a huge amount of effort put into studying.

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Geography - A
    History - A
    English - B
    Irish - A
    Math - A
    German - B
    Religion - C
    Science - A
    Business - B
    Home Ec - A
    CSPE - A

Possible but not impossible. Would require a huge amount of effort put into studying.
    Seems possible, you'll achieve it! :) Welcome to Boards.ie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Seems possible, you'll achieve it! :) Welcome to Boards.ie! :)

Why thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

English - A
    Business - B/A (need to do more study)
    History - A
    Geography - C (I have a really bad teacher)
    Irish - D/C (if a miracle happens)
    Science - B/A (I'm not great at Physics)
    German - A
    CSPE - A (...tough....) :)
    Religion - A
    Maths - B/C (I will prob. get an A in paper 1 but I failed p2 in the mocks!!! Its just so hard!)

So I'm aiming for 5 A's 2 B's 3 C's. I would be happy with that. :)

• Advertisement

Is that as a result of it being badly written, or that there was not enough "action" involved. We had a guest speaker and did FA. I just wrote loads of schtuff on society's misconception of animal rights (lol whut)? I got an A for it in the Mocks.

PodgeD1997 wrote: »

I'm not as prepared as I'd like to have been. Ah well, there's time for that at LC. :p

Anyone else worried?

Bricking it. NO study yet, still hoping for 5 A's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

English - B
    Maths - A
    Irish - B/A (Leaning towards B)
    History - A
    Geography - A
    Religion - A
    Business - A
    Art - A
    CSPE - A (lol)
    Science - A
    German - A (Got a B in the first mock but an A in the second)

This is basically my mock results repeated, it's not bothering me much. I know the class I'm in in 5th year, and I've gotten all the options I wanted. Roll on the summer! :P

English - B
    Maths - A
    Irish - B/A (Leaning towards B)
    History - A
    Geography - A
    Religion - A
    Business - A
    Art - A
    CSPE - A (lol)
    Science - A
    German - A (Got a B in the first mock but an A in the second)

This is basically my mock results repeated, it's not bothering me much. I know the class I'm in in 5th year, and I've gotten all the options I wanted. Roll on the summer! :P
    Piece of cake for you!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Piece of cake for you!:pac:

And you too, you seem really dilligent from what I've seen of you, g'luck haha! :P

And you too, you seem really dilligent from what I've seen of you, g'luck haha! :P
    If I achieve more A's than you .. I get a cookie? :o;) It's good to be competitive, the junior cert is just one huge competition to see who can achieve their best ... like the hunger games :pac:

like the hunger games :pac:

That comparison makes me uncomfortable :L

That comparison makes me uncomfortable :L
    It motivates me xD I hate losing >.<" You better hope you're prepared Cr4pSnip3r! ;) Don't worry :).

It motivates me xD I hate losing >.<" You better hope you're prepared Cr4pSnip3r! ;) Don't worry :).

All B's and above and it's Dominos for me, so no worries :3

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Challenge accepted looking for at least 6 As

• Advertisement

onlinenerd wrote: »
    Challenge accepted looking for at least 6 As
    Aiming for 7 A's, 2 B's and 1 C :rolleyes:. Goodluck OnlineNerd :).

Good luck to all. I'm going for 5 A's, 5 B's and a possible C, although I hope that C decides it wants to be a B. (This is my latest, super updated hope).

Good luck to all. I'm going for 5 A's, 5 B's and a possible C, although I hope that C decides it wants to be a B. (This is my latest, super updated hope).
    Achieveable if you put the work into it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hhaha I like Arnie's reference to the JC being like the Hunger Games. I'm aiming for 7 A's and 3 B's, I would be disappointed if I obtained more than 2 C's. I have a feeling though that I may get straight B's for some strange reason.

Hhaha I like Arnie's reference to the JC being like the Hunger Games. I'm aiming for 7 A's and 3 B's, I would be disappointed if I obtained more than 2 C's. I have a feeling though that I may get straight B's for some strange reason.

Same feeling, weird, huh?

Same feeling, weird, huh?

To be honest I don't think I've actually studied as hard as i would have liked to study even now I'm not studying as much as i want to.

To be honest I don't think I've actually studied as hard as i would have liked to study even now I'm not studying as much as i want to.

I'm trying. I feel like I'm almost at a level I'd like but I can't quite get to it. Just get out the book and read, if all else fails.

My Mocks were straight B's with 2 C's and a D. So disappointed that I didn't get an A, but I was delighted with my D in Irish TBH!

If I achieve more A's than you .. I get a cookie? :o;) It's good to be competitive, the junior cert is just one huge competition to see who can achieve their best ... like the hunger games :pac:

The odds will NEVER be in my favour... I'm like the guy that dies before all the exciting stuff happens :(

• Advertisement

My Mocks were straight B's with 2 C's and a D. So disappointed that I didn't get an A, but I was delighted with my D in Irish TBH!

Tbh I'm still confused on how I attained a C in Irish, my teacher said that i got 37% in the paper and my marks were raised up to a 59% because of my orals. Basically my orals saved me.

Advertisement